Hey and Help?

Options
I should start off by saying that I am sick and tired of the weight roller coaster that I have been on since high school and it's DEFINITELY time to make the life-style change that I keep hearing about! I feel like I"m on the right track, I am consistently below my calories for the day (well, for the week that I've been on this site!), I have successfully managed to drive by Krispy Kreme TWICE without even a craving (GO ME!), and I've started the C25K running plan - although I'm only on Week 2! I need to lose a good 40lbs, but I feel like I need the extra motivation and support of other people who also need to lose weight! Does anyone have any advice me on this so-called "life-style change"?

Replies

• bwneau
    bwneau Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. There is an amazing support network here, so don't be afraid to utilize it. Remember that you will have bad days, and don't let those bad days turn into bad weeks. Keep going strong, enjoy a sinful treat once in a while, and most of all, enjoy healthy living.

Also - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/224667-it-s-not-a-diet
  • Shed4Wed
    Shed4Wed Posts: 25
    Options
    Weight Watchers is good for teaching you how to make better choices. They are big on "life style changes" and not "diets". I have used their program twice and was successful both times (until I got comfortable and let it go).

Good luck! The roller coaster sucks. Its good you want to get off it.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This site is wonderful to help you lose weight! I couldn't have lost my weight without it : )
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Take a gradual approach, stay optimistic and realistic. A lifestyle change takes commitment and it's easier to commit when the change is gradual. You should always eat your calories back. It'll take a couple of weeks to find the right balance, but don't assume that if you eat less you will lose more. That's not the case. Only a properly nourished body will lose weight the healthy way. A malnourished body will lose muscle and cause other issues such as depleted energy, irritability, lack of concentration, higher stress, etc. Best not to go there. Also, ease into all exercise programs. It should feel just challenging enough. You'll do more and more in time, but don't stress yourself getting there. Stress packs on fat stores...and that's the stuff you want to lose. You'll get there if you keep your body properly nourished and get an average of 30 minutes of exercise a day (and it doesn't have to be aggressive exercise either).
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Hello and welcome!!!! Always set your goals, be prepared and just be consistent and you will achieve your goals.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is an amazing site with wonderful people sharing their experiences with weight loss and offering tons of motivation. Take you weight loss one day at a time and don't get frustrated when the going gets tough. Celebrate the victories no matter how small and feel good about you and the decision you have made to make this life style change. I believe you can do this if you really put your heart into it...like so many of us. But don't forget to enjoy life along the way.
  • Walorie
    Walorie Posts: 44
    Options
    Please exit the ride to your left...the weight roller coaster is leaving now...never to return. You are in a great place for support. Welcome & Good luck on your journey!
  • Maryloumoe
    Options
    Hello
    I am new this MFP at one time I was a size 6 now size 14 so unhappy with the way I look and feel, am new at 54 years old I am the oldest of 8 children, just can not stop all the junk. I am in menopause to make things diffifculf.:indifferent:
  • suzukigurl
    Options
    Welcome! This is an amazing site with wonderful people sharing their experiences with weight loss and offering tons of motivation. Take you weight loss one day at a time and don't get frustrated when the going gets tough. Celebrate the victories no matter how small and feel good about you and the decision you have made to make this life style change. I believe you can do this if you really put your heart into it...like so many of us. But don't forget to enjoy life along the way.

I couldn't of said it better myself!! I started on this site to support my best friend and ended up utilizing the site more then I thought I would. I have great support and am here for anyone if they need motivation and/or support!! Feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • katihamlin
    Options
    Stand firm and just say, "No!" to those temptations. You are above them. You are awesome.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are on your way! Exercise goals are aweomse way to stay motivated! lots of water and find some new recipes for your fave dishes that have better cal/fat etc. Skinny taste wesbite is good for finding new good recipes.
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    Wow! So many responses so fast! I have a feeling this is going to be the extra motivating push I'm going to need! Thank you so much!