Newbie, looking for buddy support

Options
Hey everyone I am Alicia from Kentucky. I have been wanting to loose weight for a while. I used to be in the Air Force and I used to be pretty much a fitness fanatic, but after finally having 2 children, the weight packed on. I got gestational diabetes with both pregnancies and I have not taken the time to take care of myself and drop this weight. I have been accepting it for about 6 yrs now and I am DONE with accepting it. Time to LOOSE FOR ME ... I would love to make some friends that I can get thru this with. So if you are looking for a buddy, please feel free to ad me :flowerforyou:

Replies

• thomaslh83
    thomaslh83 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I think you will find this place very helpful. Stay positive and focused! Feel free to add me!
  • brenda_71
    brenda_71 Posts: 151
    Options
    Welcome, I got your back girl!! Just sent you a friend request! :)
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Welcome, friend request sent.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Please feel free to add me to your buddy list! I will do my best to help you stay on track and motivate you too!
  • lauris430
    Options
    We're all here to support ya. Feel free to friend request...I'll happy to motivate you any way i can :)
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined this site and it's been extremly helpful keepING ME on track with my weight goals, I've met some really wonderful supportive people. I sent you a friend request, best of luck with your goals.. YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :)
  • MarthaVictoria
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Today was my first day and I totally screw it up. Well, it didn't end good. I had an appointment this evening and by the time it was over I was too hungry to wait. I stop for Shawarma and ordered the chicken plate, very few potatoes, mostly salad. When I tracked it in my diary it ended being 800 calories so I went over by 789 calories. I knew I was going to go over by some because I didn't have much left for dinner but never imagine it was going to be that much... WOW, what an eye opener! No more shawarma in a long time :-(
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Be sure to take the gradual approach to getting fit. Exercises should be just challenging enough. You're not the young boot-camp ready kid anymore. The last thing you need is to over-do it and injure yourself or get burned-out. You'll have better, more permanent results, if you ease into everything. Stay optimistic and realistic. This journey will take time, but you'll get there and that's what matters. Keep walking the steps and you will get there.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome....This site is wonderful in helping you lose weight. Good luck ; )
  • GunslingerGirl
    GunslingerGirl Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this wonderful site. I hope you do great.:smile:
  • susyj
    susyj Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You are going to love it. The support here is great and tracking what you eat is essential in staying accountable! Good luck to you. :smile:
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Welcome and i am sending you a friends request also !
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this little corner of the web! I spent 9 years in KY!
  • Bringerofrain
    Bringerofrain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi there, newbie like me too! Great to have you aboard!