When to change your fitness level

Options
How long would you say a person would need to change their routine before changing their fitness level? I work in a sitting job most of the day, but have increased my activity walking at least 12 miles a week. I have also started a C2 5K program on our treadmill. I have been doing this for a couple months and have lost 12 lbs. But when should I change my fitness level from sedintary to light activity?

Replies

• swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    If you are logging your exercise as calories earned don't change your fitness level.
  • ChessRonin
    ChessRonin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    If you are exercising, this has nothing to do with your activity level. Keep it at sedentary and keep logging the exercise.

If you change jobs, or the nature of your job changes, and now, all of the sudden, you are on your feet far more often while working, especially in ways that are hard to track as exercise, well THEN you should change your activity level.

Also, stop calling it "fitness level." It's your "activity level" for a reason; it has nothing to do with how fit you are, but rather with how active you are on a daily basis (aside from any exercise that you do).
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I agree with swtally80.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    dont change it. all the extra exercise you do is what you are burning off in addition to your activity level