5ft7.5 and 125lb want to be 118-120

Options
2»

Replies

• PinkyQT
    PinkyQT Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    You won't necessarily look muscly when you lift weights. Here was a really good article that I read about it (it's geared towards trainers and how to deal with women clients who want the slim look, but I think you can still get a ton of great info from it):

http://bretcontreras.com/how-to-attain-a-slender-look-like-jessica-alba-zoe-saldana/
    thanks!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    PinkyQT wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    You won't necessarily look muscly when you lift weights. Here was a really good article that I read about it (it's geared towards trainers and how to deal with women clients who want the slim look, but I think you can still get a ton of great info from it):

http://bretcontreras.com/how-to-attain-a-slender-look-like-jessica-alba-zoe-saldana/
    thanks!

Also, note in that article, don't just jump straight down to the bottom and follow that advice. He actually advises eating at a surplus and progressive until you feel you look "too bulky", and then altering your lifting to lose some of the muscle mass. That way you can obtain a nice shape as well as leaning out.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Start lifting or some form of strength training.
    Weight loss will simply have you looking the same but smaller.
    Weight training will tighten everything up and make you look lean.
  • PinkyQT
    PinkyQT Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • balletgirl77
    balletgirl77 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5" too and had always been around 110 (I have a very small frame, 4.5 inch wrists!). I have gained some weight and am trying to lose it now. I've lost 3.5 pounds this past week just by adding 30mins of cardio each day to the 20+ hours of ballet I do per week, and eating healthy. Like others have mentioned remember to combine cardio with strength training. Good Luck!
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Your body will let you know where the bottom of your healthy range is. It will naturally resist going lower. If you do go lower you will find the effects of starvation start such as weakness, obsessiveness, cloudy thinking, etc. Keep eating healthy and exercising regularly and you'll see if your body naturally will go a bit lower or stay where you are now. If you don't naturally lose weight then you'll know you are already at the bottom of your personal healthy range.
  • carlinevb88
    Options
    I am also 5'7 and right now my weight is 123(my highest weight was 148), and originally i wanted to get to 118 as well, but like you said now that im at 123, 120 seems to be more realistic for my goal weight. I share the same concern because i feel really satisfied with where i am at, except my tummy... so in addition to my cardio, i do a 15 minute pilates routine daily that is especially targeted for your abs. I have already seen a small improvement in 2 weeks, and the beginning of some definition in my upper abs. it took a while to find a pilates routine i liked, but there are so many on youtube. Some that are only 5 to 10 minutes and actually enjoyable. Just search 'Pilates Abs' on youtube. =)