From 315lbs to Zumba Instructor - Follow up!

Options
A few months ago, I shared my story with you here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1373142/from-315lbs-to-zumba-instructor-my#latest

I used to weigh 315 lbs, then I started exercising, and I have lost abut 115 lbs so far. I am not done yet and have hit quite a plateau but I am still going strong at the gym.
In August I passed the Zumba Instructor license and ever since I have practiced and worked on those instructor skills, teaching a few songs in class each week and even subbing for a whole class a few weeks ago.

Today I taught a few songs in a packed Halloween class and it was so much fun. I am not anywhere where I want to be yet, but when I see the pics taken in class, and I think that two years ago I wasn't even able to jog, I am glad I did it and I am still fighting.

You can do it too.

Keep working.
I will too!

anvxwtps69yt.jpg
fmwpfsa0jc9c.jpg

Replies

• purplescarf10
    purplescarf10 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring....Way to go!!
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Dahling you look mahvelous! Fantastic! My sister lives in Bellingham. Tell her I said hello! jk :smile:
  • Serenus_Lux
    Serenus_Lux Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Very awesome! Congratulations! :)
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You look great and are super inspiring! Hello fellow PNWer! I'm pretty close to Bellingham myself. =P I've always wanted to try zumba - maybe I'll give this place a look!
  • annael25
    annael25 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This is incredible! I want to lose over 100 pounds, so your story is very inspiring to me. :) Congrats on all you have accomplished thus far. You look amazing!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You are so totally amazing. Keep doing what is working for you.
  • Dezzie1180
    Dezzie1180 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Congrats on your success☺
  • anitaw18
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that! I need to keep telling myself it is possible after I read such stories...you are an amazing inspiration! I was introduced to Zumba not too long ago, and it's so fun! I am definitely going back for more. I realize I didn't gain these extra 120 lbs overnight, so I just have to accept that and move towards a healthy weight giving myself time. I have been that person that can lose about 20-25 lbs in 4-6 weeks, then something in this twisted brain of mine stops me altogether. I guess I get frustrated realizing it is going to become a lifelong journey, and that 'devil' of bad good somehow lures me back in. I am still trying to prep my mind, but cannot keep waiting as ribs extra weight is truly a burden. Thanks again!
  • celinetmika
    celinetmika Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Dahling you look mahvelous! Fantastic! My sister lives in Bellingham. Tell her I said hello! jk :smile:
    ha! Tell your sister that she should come Zumba with me then! ;-)
    sarieth05 wrote: »
    You look great and are super inspiring! Hello fellow PNWer! I'm pretty close to Bellingham myself. =P I've always wanted to try zumba - maybe I'll give this place a look!
    You should try it! Let me PM you ;-)
  • celinetmika
    Options
    annael25 wrote: »
    This is incredible! I want to lose over 100 pounds, so your story is very inspiring to me. :) Congrats on all you have accomplished thus far. You look amazing!
    You can do it! You are going to lose 1 pound, 100 times! set small goals, it is easier that way :-)
  • celinetmika
    Options
    anitaw18 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing that! I need to keep telling myself it is possible after I read such stories...you are an amazing inspiration! I was introduced to Zumba not too long ago, and it's so fun! I am definitely going back for more. I realize I didn't gain these extra 120 lbs overnight, so I just have to accept that and move towards a healthy weight giving myself time. I have been that person that can lose about 20-25 lbs in 4-6 weeks, then something in this twisted brain of mine stops me altogether. I guess I get frustrated realizing it is going to become a lifelong journey, and that 'devil' of bad good somehow lures me back in. I am still trying to prep my mind, but cannot keep waiting as ribs extra weight is truly a burden. Thanks again!

Exactly! You did not gain them overnight, it will take some time to lose them, but it does not matter. What matters is that you will take good habits that will allow you to lose the extra weight slowly and surely.
    I know exactly how you feel. It is a lifelong journey, but every pound you lose is going to make you feel better.
    Don't hesitate to friend me here and PM me if you have any questions or just for extra motivation. I love to help!
  • cahf
    cahf Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • StampingJen
    StampingJen Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! What a transformation! Thank you for sharing your story.
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Congratulations on all your hard work!!!
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Love Zumba!! Enjoy it!!! You're done An amazing job!!
  • DonnaDTW
    DonnaDTW Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Fantastic...what an achievement! Congrats!!!
  • p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Your amazing!well done.:)
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    @celinetmika, your progress is fantastic! Are you still teaching Zumba at BAC? I currently do it at LoveToMoveStudioz with Dar and Alicia, but I've found that every instructor has their own style. What's your dance style like? I tend to prefer more Latin moves. Cheers!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!