What have you had for breakfast today, looking for ideas!!

Options

Replies

• EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I normally have 2 eggs fried over a piece of Dave's Killer Bread, thin toast, along with 3 slices of Turkey Bacon. But I was on shift this morning and overslept...so I had half my lunch; Hawaiian Pork loin with 2 eggs scrambled added to it. Quick & satisfying...should hold me over, along with lunch and a couple pre-portioned snacks, until shift end. :)
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    No time this morning so ate just a Banana and Peanut Butter Granola bar. Normally I eat a bowl of cereal (1.5 cups) w/milk and fruit.
  • katew221
    katew221 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My favourite combinations :)

45g sugar free Alpen
    125 ml semi skimmed milk
    100g fruit (apple, banana, blueberries, raspberries, etc. etc.) with an organic yoghurt afterwards (in the summer time I put extra fruit in with the yoghurt too)
    Coffee and orange juice

40g rolled oats
    185ml semi skimmed milk
    20g golden syrup
    Coffee and orange juice
    This is a great winter breakfast because it fills you up. I don't often have anything extra with it because it is enough for me. Also makes a great snack if you have worked out and are cold.

If you want to get really different try your breakfast 'continental' style
    2 slices of toast
    1 slice of ham
    1 slice of mild cheese (e.g. gouda, emmental)
    Coffee or hot chocolate and orange juice

Or go French with croissants! (Although these tend not to fill me up and are high in calories because of all the butter...)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    2 eggo chocolate chip waffles, syrup, a mild cheddar cheese square, and coffee w/sugar and milk.
    Sometimes it's ok to have chocolate for breakfast. ;)
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    4 strips of bacon, about half a cup of oatmeal, flax, and blueberries
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I made am omelette with 2 eggs, and some extra egg white, some ham and some cheese.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Breakfast no.1 was cheese and ham toastie
    Breakfast no.2 was 2 eggs, 2 pork sausages and mushrooms

I'd had breakfast and then the husband made me breakfast lol...don't worry I magically changed no.2 into lunch!
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    karenc118 wrote: »
    poached eggs on toast

Snap
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Sausage Frittata made with onions, red and green peppers, shredded carrot, small amount of dry sun dried tomatoes, garlic, beef smokie (3oz sliced), mushrooms, all fried in 1tbsp coconut oil, then added 2 eggs and 3/4 cup egg beaters. 1oz shredded cheddar on top. Broiled until cooked through. Hubby ate half, i had a quarter with a piece left for breakfast tomorrow. Yummy.
  • ParkerKP3
    Options
    Oatmeal, some strawberries, and a banana
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    One of my friends here shared that she makes oatmeal cookies using two very ripe bananas and 1 cup quick oats. I tried making the cookies yesterday (added raisins). I had 2 banana oatmeal raisin cookies with my coffee this morning.

For brunch I will have a scrambled egg and sausage burrito on whole wheat tortilla.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Andouille Sausage Hash

1/2 potato, peeled diced (55 calories)
    1/2 link Aidelles Andouille Sausage - diced (80 calories)
    4 egg whites - (68 calories)
    1 tsp. Tones Dried Minced Onion (5 calories)
    3 seconds cooking spray (15 calories)
    Total = 223 calories

spray pan, brown potatoes, season with salt and pepper to suit
    about 1/2 through browning of potatoes, add the minced onion
    about 3/4 through browning potatoes - add sausage
    when all is cooked well, add egg white and scramble

This is NOT breakfast cereal!

You can substitute any breakfast meat for the Andouille Sausage - ham, bacon, sausage, etc.

• liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    If you have a microwave, it is easy to make a spinach omelet in a bowl: beat an egg with salt and pepper in a deep microwave-safe dish, top with a cup or two of spinach, cover with a plate, then microwave for 1 minute 45 seconds. I had mine with seed bread and coffee.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Breakfast scramble consisting of potato, onion, eggs, pesto, sausage & a bit of cheese
  • I fried egg and one egg white fried in fat free olive oil and water, I small avocado smashed and scrambled with the egg. I made a huge crockpot dinner last night so I really am not that hungry today. Usually I have 2% lowfat Greek yogurt with berries or banana when I am in a hurry to get to work.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Pasta & 3 bean salad.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    The seeds of one pomegranate with 1/2 cup of plain yogurt on top. I sweetened with a bit of splenda and added some atershia (geranium water) for extra flavor.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup papaya, 1/2 cup pineapple, whole grain English muffin with butter and two eggs fried
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Went to a brunch and ate whatever I wanted.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    My ordinary breakfast is microwaved apple with granola. I peel, core and cube a Granny Smith apple and put it in a cereal bowl. I add a smidgen of butter, a squirt of lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and some Splenda. Microwave for three minutes and top with 1/3 cup of my favorite granola. It's like eating apple crisp. I know it's not a lot of protein, but I have a boiled egg usually for my mid-morning snack.