Loose skin

Options
I just had my baby and gained way too much weight. I have 100lbs to loose. Do you guys think I will have a lot of loose skin? I am 5'6,27years old and got up to 222. I would like to get back down to 122.

Replies

• Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Down 80lb so far (260->180, I'm 5'10") and no loose skin.

Still, lost it at a very slow and consistent rate of 0.8lb/week over the course of 2 years, there are some (small - only visible to me) stretch marks, and I suspect a 6-pack might not be feasible for at least a year or two.
  • sacha0728
    Options
    Hi, my sister list a lot of weight and did have a problem with loose skin but she found a product called A Crazy Wrap Thing. It's used once a week to tighten, tone & firm. It worked wonders on her. Here's the link http://youwrapyoulose.myitworks.com hope it works for you
  • pagella
    pagella Posts: 44
    Options
    Ohhim wrote: »

Still, lost it at a very slow and consistent rate of 0.8lb/week over the course of 2 years, there are some (small - only visible to me) stretch marks, and I suspect a 6-pack might not be feasible for at least a year or two.

• pagella
    Options
    pagella wrote: »
    Ohhim wrote: »

Great! Thank you! Gave me lots of hope!
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I think if you lose it at a slow rate, you don't have to contend too much with loose skin because as you exercise, your body gets a chance to tighten up. That has been my experience anyway. But then, I never had as much as 100 lbs to lose.

Check out some of the other forum posts on folks who lost 100 lbs or more...slowly and consistently. Good luck with your weight loss journey!

Edited to say: Be careful about spending your money on quick fixes like that wrap thing. Those things don't work permanently. It's like pinching your skin or wearing tight socks...the indentation stays for awhile, but eventually goes back to normal...my 2 cents on that.
  • boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Even if it does start to loosen up as you lose, it will gradually tighten back up. You're young, do it now.
  • pagella
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • vegasgyrl79971
    Options
    Its not about losing fast or slow. That has absolutely nothing to do with it. Its about your own skin's elasticity, how much you have stretched out your skin and genetics.
  • pagella
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    I've lost my weight too fast and I have a ton of loose skin. As the above posters said, if you lose weight at a slower pace, over a longer period of time, you should have a lot less problems with dealing with loose skin. The reading I've done says can get better over time, so I'm hoping that's true! Most of my saggy skin is in my belly (where I carry most of my weight) and my arms. My plan is to start weight lifting soon, hoping that will help as well. Best of luck to you!

Thank you! Good luck to you as well!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!