Greek Yogurt Cheesecake

Options
MichelleLea122
MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
So I made this yesterday, and it was ridiculously good. I love greek yogurt and I love cheesecake so this was the perfect recipe: http://www.abakinggirl.com/2013/01/21/greek-yogurt-cheesecake/. It's made with only greek yogurt and no cream cheese.

I halved the recipe, so half the cheesecake only ended up being

610 cal (the calories would be even less if you used splenda)
104g carbs
8g fat
31g protein
82g of sugar.

Enjoy!

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    If I want a relatively decadent cheesecake experience I crumble a large cookie into a little tub of chobani <3
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt Cheesecake!!!!! :cry: I LOVE YOU NOW!!!
  • FatJockSing
    FatJockSing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    OP - awesome thanks . . love a Greek Yogurt, and love cheesecake. Never made it with greek yogurt so this is awesome find!! When I do mine, To up my PROTEIN, I add a scoop of shake powder . . . Macro Magic. I am off to the shops now . . . nom nom nom . .
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Quick question: what's the difference between Greek yogurt and say regular Yoplait yogurt?
  • Piper911
    Piper911 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This looks awesome
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Scroll down through post to see many variations, lower calories/serving than the first couple of recipes: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1071601/does-anyone-want-another-cheesecake-recipe-87-calories/p1
  • pope66682
    pope66682 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Quick question: what's the difference between Greek yogurt and say regular Yoplait yogurt?

They use a different process to make it resulting in higher protein content
  • mommyofjan
    mommyofjan Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I made this tonight and topped it with blueberries. It was very easy to make and scrumptious :D
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options

Greek yogurt is regular yogurt (like yoplait), that has been strained a few more times. For this reason it's thicker with twice the protein. You should definitely try it! A bit more expensive than regular yogurt, but worth it in my opinion. Although I love the stuff as is, I find it's pretty versatile. It can be an awesome substitution for mayo, sour cream, and in this case cream cheese :).
  • lynnmhatcher
    lynnmhatcher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    this is my Cheater cheese cake - 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, 2 Table spoons sugar free pudding-dry mix cheesecake flavor. a little vanilla extract, combine crumble a graham cracker on top if you want. fast and close to the real thing
    -
  • karrithehealthy
    karrithehealthy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake is my fave!! Definitely gonna try this. <3
  • brooke64
    brooke64 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump for later