rest days

Options
Schwiggity
Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
Today's mine, and I think I'm finding it more difficult to NOT work out as well as just eating right and keeping within my caloric limit without those exercise calories.

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I have the same issues, which is why I don't really have rest days anymore, but on my scheduled "rest" day I just do a lower impact workout instead.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I've found they help the day before my longer runs. I only do one a week usually.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I hear you. Today is my rest day. I've had three extreme days of kickboxing and by body feels like it got hit by a car. I know it's a good idea to rest today, but it's really hard for me to resist hoping on the elliptical in my home gym!
  • cm40
    cm40 Posts: 30
    Options
    On rest days I still do some low impact exercise, like walking the dogs. If it's early and not to hot I'll take them out for 2 miles, which takes me about 45 minutes and burns about 295 lbs. From there I just make sure to eat low carbs, avoid sugar, and break off the meals into smaller portions during the day. I usually eat about 5 times on rest days.