Flat Stomach

Options
Hello all... i was wondering if anyone knows and tips to flatten your abs.. and if we get a good program going we can start a challenge.. im pretty new to this site and would like all the feed back i could get!!

thanks

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Like 80% of it is based on your diet unfortunately. Less refined sugars/carbs and more protein will help define the area.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    You can't do selective fat loss, but you can tone the muscles. To see the muscles you'll have to lose the fat though :)
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You can't do selective fat loss, but you can tone the muscles. To see the muscles you'll have to lose the fat though :)

thank you!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Plank seems to be working well for me. I have read people suggest that on here so I tried it. It is not flat yet but it is absolutely much better! Good luck!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options

Fo shizzle.

To tone them, try some Ab ripper X from P90X. Works extremely well.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Running. Some people don't like to run, but it worked for me. I don't do very much ab work specifically. I just run a lot and my stomach has become pretty flat.
  • Jill_Clemmons
    Options
    My stomach/midsection is the only place I have any excess fat, and I am well within my ideal weight range. I am trying to use Stevia instead of sugar as much as possible and not eat as many carbs, and it does seem to be helping.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Person above me (who will prob no longer be above me by the time I write this): you say you run alot. What's alot? I recently started running (ok, ok, jogging) to try to deplete my stomach fat. How much should I be doing to get results?
  • lil_Frannie
    lil_Frannie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thank you all... im not big on running but i def should try and get into it...
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Finding exercises that work your transverse abs will tighten up your belly. They are the deepest layer of muscle and are responsible for holding in your organs. If they aren't tight you won't have a flat stomach. But, you still need to do lots of cardio to burn the fat.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Person above me (who will prob no longer be above me by the time I write this): you say you run alot. What's alot? I recently started running (ok, ok, jogging) to try to deplete my stomach fat. How much should I be doing to get results?

I think you are talking to me. I run 5 - 6 miles every morning. I have been going at this for about 9 months now and I built up to that, so it happened to me over a little time. However, I really have muscle definition all over my mid-section. I have had to pregnancies and 2 c-sections and currently have a pretty decent stomach, so running has worked for me. Good luck!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Wow, and I'm all proud of myself for getting in 1.5-3 miles/day! good work, I'll def have to try harder! Thanks!
  • laserne
    laserne Posts: 3
    Options
    Crunches or sit-ups work but you have to be consistent at least twice a week for beginners, you can start with 25 a day,then move up to whatever you can handle.Me myself,I've moved to 100 a night, twice a week.
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    bump