weighing food

Options
Hi, Does anyone know what an 1oz weighs?? When they ask how many oz's , I'm Like Idont know!!! lol...

Replies

• JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    you can buy a food scale at pretty much any store. I like to weigh my chicken before i eat it so i know exactly how many ounces I'm eating.
  • dswift88
    dswift88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I do, it weighs 1 oz. Also, 28.35 grams. Or 0.0625 pounds
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Def buy a food scale :)
  • cupfanncbms
    cupfanncbms Posts: 101
    Options
    An ounce is a unit of weight or measurement. Are you asking how much one liquid ounce weighs? An ounce of cheese, is an ounce. An ounce of water is 1.043, but other liquids vary...
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    8 oz is 1 cup.
    1 gram is 0.035 oz.

I weigh all my food in grams then just do the math on my computer calculator as I enter it in. If the thing asks for grams, awesome, if oz? I can change that.

If you forget what weight translates to what, I simply go to google, and type in "c to g" and up pops "cups to grams calculators" that you can plug in
  • WhyW8
    WhyW8 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I got my food weighing scale at Bed Bath and Beyond - it does ounces and grams - I think it was only $25 or so and then they always do that 20% off coupon.. I had no idea what 3 and 4 oz. of meat looked like before I got it. (Well, now I know that it looks like half as much as what I would usually eat!)
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I would buy a food scale. I just got a pretty nice one at wal-mart for $20 but they also had a couple less expensive ones too. It has helped me out so much! No more guessing!
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I purchased mine at Shop Rite for under $10 - it came with the scale and a measuring cup.
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I also just bought a food scale and it's a great investment. It's difficult to guess how much you're eating, and almost everyone underestimates the calories they're eating.

It helps to take the guesswork out of it and make sure you're tracking your calories more accurately.
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Digital scales are the way to go as they are more accurate. You can get one for maybe $25 or so. I use mine all the time for baking as well as calorie counting.