Navel Piercing?

Options
xRedRockerx
xRedRockerx Posts: 54 Member
Just wondering if any of you guys out there have tummy button piercings? Well, I know plenty of you will, but any of you reading this, I mean :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I've been wanting my tummy pierced for a while but I'm a bit concerned about my fat rolls. My stomach isn't really toned and seems to be where the majority of my fat is stored, so my tummy button is pretty squashed - it's a horizontal line, rather than the nice vertical tummy buttons that you'd see if you Googled "navel piercing". This doesn't bother me, because I'd love it pierced regardless of my weight, and I'm hoping to have lost more weight by next crop-top season anyway, but I don't want my piercing to get infected or not heal correctly because it's constantly being squashed by my tummy. I know the piercer could give me advice on this, but I thought I'd try here first.
Any help on this would be much appreciated - cheers guys!

Replies

• sweedee1218
    sweedee1218 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I got mine done in college and I was much smaller then but still had tummy rolls and it never healed so I took it out! It was always being irrated and snagged on stuff. But every person heals differently and some people say they take forever to heal even on people with flat tummies. So who knows. My jeans were the biggest issue they kept getting snagged on it when I would sit. It was no fun. I would say maybe wait until you hit your goal weight and use that as a motivation!! It would be an awesome way to celebrate!
  • asgerdur1994
    Options
    I was skinny when I got mine done at like 15, then I gained weight and lost weight again and its not really a problem, just make sure its straight then it should be fine :) and I agree with the person above me, or you get it done now and use that as motivation to get more skinny! either way best of luck :smiley:
  • xRedRockerx
    xRedRockerx Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, thanks for the replies! I'd never thought about getting it done as a "reward" for losing a certain amount of weight but I only have about twenty-ish to lose so I think I'll get it done after ten - I don't have to wait as long then!
    Cheers