When do you weigh yourself?

Options
I'm just wondering, do people weigh themselves before eating, after eating, both, or somewhere in between?

Also do you weigh yourself with clothes on, and then subtract the approximate weight of your clothes, or without?

I'm still trying to figure out what is the most "accurate" weight. I weighed myself this morning before eating and was 125. However since I was really hungry I don't think that should count as an "accurate" weight. Then after eating I was 126.5. So I don't know if I should put my weight as kind of an average between the two (126) or as 126.5.

Anyway, just curious to see what everyone else's input is.

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    After waking, after toilet, naked, before eating.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Once a week, first thing in the morning after using the bathroom, in my birthday suit. :smiley: Weight fluctuates for most people by several pounds on a day-to-day basis. I weighed myself daily, tracking my workouts to see how that affected my weight. And then I just did it on a weekly basis. I also use measurements to track and go by how my clothes fit/look.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »

This^. Most important, be consistent.
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options

Same as this for me. I only weigh on the 15th and the last day of each month. That way any fluctuations due to hormonal crap are all shaken out.

• Sindakhelekwen
    Sindakhelekwen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ^^ This is what I do. I weigh every Sunday no matter what.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I'm also weigh mornings after waking, before eating, no clothes, use the toilet. I have been doing it weekly or even bi-weekly or just.. whenever I remember to. But I'm also trying daily weighing now. TBH not sure if I'll stick to it. But it might help with figuring out if my deficit is too large once I get off my diet break this week.
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

+1

I weigh myself every day it's just habit, but I don't freak out if it fluctuates 1-2 pounds from one day to the next, I only record new lows on MFP, unless I see that it's going up consistently for a few days, then I know I'm gaining.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    crisb2 wrote: »

+1

x2

• DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 137 Member
    Options

This
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    This
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

This^. Most important, be consistent.

EXACTLY.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning after I wake up, before breakfast, after a trip to the WC.
  • missyme10
    missyme10 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings, I get up, go to the loo and before eating get weighed and always in my PJ's - that way the weight is consistent and any losses or gains are a true reflection of my current weight. By bed time that same day, I am usually a couple of pounds heavier.
    You notice the patterns, and I guess you could argue both the morning and evening weight is the true weight.........

I think the important thing is to weigh at the same time each week and under the same circumstances for consistency.
  • meda903
    Options

Like everyone else said, this is best... but I do it everyday. Motivation to keep it up, you have to be ok with fluctuations though and take notes on how your body will react. I now can guess my weight pretty accurately anytime during the day because I've learned how it works.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options

This. Weight is the most consistent weighing like this.
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options

YUP!
  • AOdell79
    AOdell79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options

Yup. Plus I nurse my baby first. :wink:
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have not weighed myself since the 5th day into the program. I weighed when I started and I weighed 5 days later and had gained a pound and a half! So it's almost five weeks now and I have not weighed again. I decided to wait a month, which will be in a couple of days. I'm going to wait three days and make it on the 29th and then work it out to normally be on the last day of the month.

When I do weigh, it is in the morning after I use the bathroom and before my shower. That seems to be my lowest and I have not had anything to eat yet. I never weigh with clothes on. I see no reason to weigh my clothes. And I only weigh once. If I don't like what I see it doesn't help to keep doing the same thing hoping for a different result. I just work harder and hope for a better result next time.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    In the morning before anything, usually only on Saturdays and occasionally on Wednesdays after I workout.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning, after my two cups of coffee, in panties and a tshirt. But then, I'm only concerned with making sure I make weight and since I'm not fit for the public without my coffee, I better be able to make weight with it in my system