1400 calories for maintaing weight

Options
I'm 5'2 97.2 lbs I'm an 18 year old female . Is 1400-1475 calories really maintanence for me ? Myfitnesspal says I maintain at 1475 and my old nutritionist said rounded it to 1500 but I'm always hungry or at least I think I am . I have no idea what to do

Replies

• krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    that sounds low. Try here,

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

Assuming light exercise, you're at 1756. In my opinion, everyone's at/close to light, with everyday activities.

Also, and I admit I don't know your situation, but you are technically underweight, so if you gain for a while that's not a bad thing.
  • mo624
    mo624 Posts: 15
    Options
    krennie8 wrote: »
    that sounds low. Try here,

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

Assuming light exercise, you're at 1756. In my opinion, everyone's at/close to light, with everyday activities.

Also, and I admit I don't know your situation, but you are technically underweight, so if you gain for a while that's not a bad thing.

I entered little to no exercise and it said 1539 I don't really exercise much I walked slow today for 30 minutes , which is not much exercise . Still not sure which caloric amount I should choose
  • shonako
    shonako Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    how thats extremely low for trying to maintain weight.
  • mo624
    Options
    shonako wrote: »
    how thats extremely low for trying to maintain weight.

Ugh I agree but my nutritionist did say 1500 because she didn't want me to lose any weight :(
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Unless you are sitting all day and not hardly moving around I would say 1400 is too low. I think 1600 would be more accurate for you. You are underweight for your height, I don't blame your nutritionist for not wanting you to loose any weight. The low end of healthy weight for your size is 101 lbs.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I maintain at 1400-1500 during periods when I'm sedentary and dont work out...when I'm being lazy lol. I'm 5'1 and 105ish
  • BornxVillain
    BornxVillain Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I also maintain at 1,400. I am 5ft, 97lbs. Anything above that I typically gain slowly, but I am very sedentary due to health issues at the moment.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you're 18 years old, why are you sedentary!?
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Also, at 97 lbs, why does your ticker say 10 lbs to go?
  • mo624
    Options

I just enter sedentary because I'm not sure of I exercise enough to be lightly active
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    mo624 wrote: »

I just enter sedentary because I'm not sure of I exercise enough to be lightly active

the activity setting doesnt include exercise
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    At your age and weight you shouldn't be counting calories at all, I think. You have an 'old nutritionist' because of ED? Most teens don't is why I'm figuring that. Do your doctors want you counting calories?
  • mo624
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    That's what I was wondering last night when I asked if she was trying to lose weight.

5-10 pounds I just want to be able to tone up mostly
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    That's what I was wondering last night when I asked if she was trying to lose weight.

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/

This. "Toning up" in your case has nothing to do with losing weight.