New to MFP and am starting a long journey- 110lbs

Options
Hello,
I have PCOS and I've recently realized how out of hand it's gotten. I'm starting at 290lbs (what I weighed in at the doctor's office Tuesday). While my family and friends are great, they don't fully understand. So, I supposed you could say I'm looking for weight loss friends who understand. I really just want to be healthy and be able to do "normal" things again.

Replies

• QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Mightymouse478
    Options
    O.o Rocky Horror! I love it. And thank you = )
  • sarajean331981
    Options
    Hi my name is sara and im 33.. I understand what your going through, I have a number of health problems and have 85 lbs to lose ,I am looking for support as well!
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can definitely do this! Add me for support if you like.
  • CatK15
    CatK15 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) You're not alone, I have over 100lbs to lose and it seems daunting but we got this. Just take it one day at a time and feel free to add me :)
  • Eserra0510
    Eserra0510 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard to Mightymouse and Sarajean! You can do this. Every journey starts one step at a time, but it is worth it! Feel free to add me as a friend for support!
  • motmot21
    motmot21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Please feel free to friend me as I believe that i understand...I have 187 to lose (yikes!!)
  • jcortrightreeping
    jcortrightreeping Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am halfway along on my journey to lose 96 lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Emma and I'm 6/16 of the way to my 90 pound loss, but the journey won't end there. My journey continues through the rest of my life, because I want to maintain at 130. That won't happen if I don't change my eating/exercise habits.

It was perilously easy to get to where I am, and I'm weary of the roller coaster. My food log (which I resisted keeping for a long time) made me come to terms with the choices I was making, and the calories involved in those choices. I still choose many of the same foods, but I have implemented a strict awareness of portion control and thoughtful selection.

I still have the occasional donut, the small serving of pasta, a slice of bread when I go out, etc. and I just purchased a bike, which will let me burn more calories and thus choose more freely.

The good news is I find my choices now fairly sustainable. This isn't a cheap plan, or a quick fix and forget, but I can do what I have been doing the last six months for the rest of my life.
  • Mightymouse478
    Options
    Thank you all for your support! For what it's worth, I'm not even a full week in and I already feel more confident about myself. And it could just be me, but I looked in the mirror this morning and it looks like my bottom might be a little rounder = P (sorry if that's TMI). It's official, I don't want the changes to ever stop = )
  • alorea
    alorea Posts: 2
    Options
    looking for friends to help keep me going!!
  • Sie_Con
    Sie_Con Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey! I started at 297 and am looking to lose about 110 as well. I started about 5 months ago and I've lost 40 lbs, I'm just eating more whole foods, snacking less and getting some exercise in. It feels great, so add me if you want.
  • vzjohns
    Options
    Hi all...It is so inspirational reading all of the positive and welcoming comments. As that saying goes..today is the first day of the rest of my life. Day one here with a lifetime to go. I hav 100lbs to loose and welcome all the support I can get!
  • skinnycow256
    Options
    I have added u as a friend. I too weigh 290 (acutally 290.5 as of this a.m.) I have 140 lbs to lose.