Seniors weight loss ??

Options
Hi to everyone here,
I've now been going to the gym 3 times a week & do 1hour of combined cardio, floor exercises, weights & circut workouts & have modified my diet, while I have always eaten a well balanced natural whole foods diet & cooked all of my meals from scratch, with a rare takeaway - eg; fish & chips, chinese, I have been trying to maintain a reduced calorie intake of 750 per - 1000, day with 1 free day a week to enjoy a meal out, Yet to date I have only lost 2 kilos over a period of 3months, I'm aware of the age related weight gain & no longer having the help of a high hormone level, but I'm wondering what else I can do ?? I would love to hear suggestions from some other experienced weight loss, Seniors out there if you can help me, I'd appreciate it Many Thx Cheers Nola.

Replies

• barbz2119
    barbz2119 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi Nola
    Im not experienced by far, but will still give what advice I can. Are you weighing all your foods to make sure you are getting an accurate amount? For years I went to a boot camp type circuit 1 hour 3 times a week, I also ran, but the weight never came off and every time I stopped for whatever reason I would gain and it just continued like that gain & maintain with no loss. I ate healthy but it was only once I started weighing my foods and logging on here I realized I was eating healthy but too much. Other things could also be sodium and fluid retention maybe do you drink a lot of water?
    Also is your calorie intake too low, I am 5'9" and work an office job and 58 years old and mine is about 1500 I've lowered it to 1300 on the advice or a dietician but find I can lose if I stick to under 1500.
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like and we can help one another
    barb