5'2"/'3" Girls Success Stories

Options

Replies

• 100DaysToGetFitEmma16
    Options
    Cassie_DE wrote: »
    5'3", though I started my official weight loss attempt at 220 on New Year's, I'm sure I was higher, even significantly higher, in the last three years. I was in serious flux for a while :(

I made lifestyle changes and lost 30 pounds, dropping to 190 by August but I plateau'd after that point. Three weeks ago today I started to hit the gym. I noticed early on that I put on muscle really quickly so I'm likely to be heavier at my ideal body weight than what the BMI scale would suggest, as muscle weighs more than fat. Any suggestions for what my target weight should be, or how I could calculate it more effectively? I'd appreciate any pointers.
    I'll be rooting you all on and aiming for 130 in the mean time =)

Well i think bmi says 104-132 or something like that. But as others mentioned, aim for what's realistic and how you feel when you look in the mirror. You might also have some muscle :)
  • 100DaysToGetFitEmma16
    Options
    daffyfroz wrote: »
    I'm 158cm or 5' 2" and started at approx 140lb 3 months ago and I'm down to 130lb at the moment. I'm aiming for 120lb (55kg) in the next 3 months as I have a small frame and my 'pear' is still too big for my liking. I'm an australian size 12 aiming to be a size 10 for summer :wink:

We have similar goals :D good luck
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my highest ever weight was 168 lbs. I am currently at 153 lbs and my target is 126. I haven't been that weight in 9 years but I remember looking and feeling good at that weight.

My net calorie target is 1240 but I struggle to eat as little as that so I need to exercise a lot and eat back my burned calories to be able to manage it.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    4'10" in the house! ;) My highest weight was 156 lbs. (after 2nd bambino) I started using MFP at 133 lbs with a goal of 107 lbs. Almost two years later, I am maintaining at 94 lbs.

No magic formula or meal plans - just MFP (logged EVERYTHING) + exercise Cardio 5-6 times a week = Results. Have recently added weight baring 2-3 times a week.

The key for me was I gave myself the luxury of time to alleviate the pressure of having to lose X amount by X time. Being overweight didn't just happen overnight so it almost seems counter intuitive to force a rigid time table to lose it.

Best of luck to you!

• dlr165
    dlr165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and I am 49 years old. I started at 165 and I am at 130. I still have cellulite and belly fat so I am changing my goal to 125. I might change it again after I get there. It took me roughly 4 months to lose 35 lbs but I have changed my plan to 1/2 lb a week. I am running 4 miles, 4 days a week plus I wear a fitbit. I think I need to add weight training but I don't want to overload myself or I will get frustrated and quit.
  • kimekakes28
    kimekakes28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, and 44 years old. I stared at 193 lbs in 2010 (see my profile picture). In 2011 I started cutting out sodas and began walking. I lost 10 lbs in the first month. In 2012 I did a total lifestyle change. Cut out fast foods, processed foods, sugar and alcohol. I began walking everyday and doing strength exercises every other day. September of 2013 I was 147 lbs (the bikini picture in my profile pic). My goal weight is 130 but I've been holding steady at 143-145 but still losing inches. Now I work out 3-4 days a week but will be getting back into 5-6 days because I am starting to get bored. Focus on getting healthy and not dieting. The eating healthy is what is going to help you maintain your goal weight.
    I wish you all the success in reaching your goal!
  • Jenniecakes88
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2, and started at 150lbs now at 135.5lb, I did get to 133lb. Aiming for 126lb for Xmas, or at least the new year. I started up running too, and now run approx 3 times a week. I feel a lot fitter for it and I prefer my body shape now too.
  • howletta
    howletta Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and am maintaining at 110. After back to back pregnancies, I had an extra 20 pounds I wanted to lose. It took about 4 months of counting calories and I've been maintaining for about 2 months.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I am 5'3 .. started at 265 pounds. I am currently at 235. My current goal is to get to 229. lol Then I will aim for 219. I seriously don't know where I will end up. I would like to be somewhere around 150. But .. I can't think about that at this point. It swallows me up if I do.
  • scarlettsmom2013
    scarlettsmom2013 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1" and at my highest was 173 (9 months pregnant) I'm now 157.5 and my baby is almost 8 wks old. I really need to lose this weight as I refuse to buy bigger clothes! I have a goal of 120. Please feel free to add me, I could really use some friends who log in and exercise daily.
  • corinne1977
    corinne1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" (small frame) and started at 145 lbs. and now after 3 months I'm down to 130 lbs. My goal is to one day get down to 115 lbs. but I'd be happy at 120 lbs. I'm training for my first half-marathon and I'm running 5-6 times a week.
  • 100DaysToGetFitEmma16
    Options
    Ugh. I am 5'3 .. started at 265 pounds. I am currently at 235. My current goal is to get to 229. lol Then I will aim for 219. I seriously don't know where I will end up. I would like to be somewhere around 150. But .. I can't think about that at this point. It swallows me up if I do.

You're doing an AMAZING job! I know you can do it!
  • irleshay
    irleshay Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    5'2 here! I started at 146, felt confident at 125, and am now 119/120ish. I still have a little extra around my tummy and upper arms, but the chub came off my face and I couldn't be happier with my legs. How did I do it? MFP, of course. :D And lots of exercise.
  • findingmyw1ngs
    findingmyw1ngs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and have lost just over 25 lbs in about a year and a half. Still wanna lose more although others say I don't need to (I think they're lying)
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1

Lost from 141 to 108. I'm now working on dropping my bodyfat percentage and building some abs B)

I lift weights 3x a week, and do some light cardio on my off days.
  • Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and peaked at 168, now down to 156. Would like to get below 135. I've been at it for about 6-7 months. It's easier to bend over and tie my shoes now! Pumpkin pie season is upon us and it's going to be tough but I will be walking more now that the weather is cooler.
  • bgoodsmile
    bgoodsmile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2", starting weight (this time around lol) was 159.8, currently 139.2, soft goal is 135 & then I will reassess. I would love to get into the 120s, but I haven't seen that "decade" since my 20s!!! (I am 42.)
  • Kelle1994
    Options
    Maybe it's me but 120 sounds pretty low... I'm 5'3" and my soft target is 140... Maybe 130 if I can keep this up! There would be nothing left at 104 :-o !
    Yes I agree I am 5'3 overweight right now at 220lbs but I only want to get down to 140-160. I have a larger frame and big boobs so I don't look 220 so 120 would be a crime (even though that's the ideal weight)
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", I started at 156 and I'm currently at about 136 - 138lbs depending on the day of the week! I'm aiming for 125lbs. I was down to 133lbs at one point but summer has been too kind to me in the food and drink department! But I'm back on track now and back at the gym!
  • mermaidart
    mermaidart Posts: 9 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    im 5'2 and i started at 180, i am now at 147 and am still losing weight. I walked about 5 miles a day and watched what I ate and in 4 months lost 30 pounds, i tend to hold weight in my thighs more, now that I'm back in school, my walking distance has diminished but i still stick with my diet plan 100%