Can anyone recommend any recipe books, I like to have recipes in front of me?

Options
grasshoppee
grasshoppee Posts: 6 Member
I'm interested in different ways of cooking oats, high protein recipes, especially sweet treats, dairy free recipes, and generally low calorie meal ideas but would like a book as I tend to get lost online and end up unable to make a decision with the millions of recipes available!

Replies

• LaVie13
    LaVie13 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i dont have a book to recommend. i have a notebook that i write down any recipe that i find online. then i "fix it" to match my needs. I also leave one whole page just for that recipe so i can make notes incase i change something or do things different.
  • hacotter1
    hacotter1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Go to www.skinnytaste.com
    If you look on the right hand side down the page a little and you choose different food categories. I have never made anything from Gina's website that wasn't delicious. Plus she is coming out with a
    Hardcover cook book in November if that's more your thing.
    I print out recipes I find there or on other websites and put them in a binder- but I'm a little OCD with my organizing tendencies.
    -At least check that site out, it's a great source in one location.
  • HopeKasrai
    HopeKasrai Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste does have some good ones. I've been cooking from Eat This Not That/ Cook This Not That books since college. All the recipes are delicious and easy! You may be able to get some from the ETNT website. Also, Half Price Books always has a good selection of ETNTs to pick from!
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I print out recipes and put them in a binder.
  • grasshoppee
    grasshoppee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thank you very much everyone :smiley:
  • jmoulder
    jmoulder Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    dieticians of canada cookbook also eat, shrink and be merry
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    jmoulder wrote: »
    dieticians of canada cookbook also eat, shrink and be merry

+1, this book is great.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I love this recipe album. It takes paper printouts, newspaper clippings, what have you.
    http://www.companyscoming.com/cookbooks/assorted-titles/recipe-album/18/RA/
    I pulled an old favourite out the other day. But most of the time these days I google ingredients and try something new.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    HopeKasrai wrote: »
    Skinnytaste does have some good ones. I've been cooking from Eat This Not That/ Cook This Not That books since college. All the recipes are delicious and easy! You may be able to get some from the ETNT website. Also, Half Price Books always has a good selection of ETNTs to pick from!

Skinny Taste does have an actual cookbook too.

Cooking Light has lots of cookbooks as well as a magazine.