Options

Replies

• logansmummy724
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) i'm looking to loose close to 100 overall
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Tips and tricks - log every food and exercise every day.
    The log will help identify strengths and weaknesses and allow you to work from them.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started with a goal of 100 lbs (just seemed nice and even), and have 16 to go, although my goal is really going to end up more a body fat percentage and level of fitness, so I don't know what the final number will be.

You can definitely do it! I think the most helpful things for me was breaking it into smaller chunks--lose 20 lbs, meet a fitness goal (whatever you like--I wanted to get back into running and biking, and am now interested in weights, but I started with just walking a certain about per day--always walking to the store and not driving, getting off at an earlier stop on the L to increase my walking, etc.), improving my eating (my first one here was just cooking breakfast and dinner consistently and logging) so on. It's overwhelming if you try to do everything at once, so I found it easier to pick a few small things and focus on them.
  • frymom3
    frymom3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    100 pounds to lose here today. One day at a time. I just sent you a friend request. :) We can do this!
  • nduguay2014
    Options
    just sent you a friend request, anyone else feel free to add me as well. I'm just starting and have the same goal. need all the help I can get !
  • rainbow118
    rainbow118 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and currently 267. I have a lot to loose. Right now I am aiming for 200. Its a smaller amount to look forward to. I eventually want to get to 145.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Lost over 120 lbs. Feel free to add me. But be warned, I tell it like it is and will call you out on your excuses.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you...I had just about given up; tried calorie app as a last ditch effort when someone told me about it. Started 12/1/13...so my one year anniversary is around the corner. Everyone is different, but I know I will always have to allocate calories for the rest of my life...small trade-off; only 25-20 more lbs. to go.

73641431.png

• krontar1
    krontar1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good luck, take it one day and one choice at a time! I've lost 65 pounds this year, and still have 45 or 50 to go. I'm not getting there in a hurry, but I'll get there. :D
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I started with 132 pounds to lose at a few pounds shy of 300 (my heaviest weight ever) in January. I have lost about 43 pounds in that time and still have about 90 pounds to go before I am considered a "healthy" weight. I try to take it one day at a time and not let one bad day turn into a string of bad days that make me want to quit. I have had days were I have did amazing by being under my calorie goals and exercising, then there have been other days that I didn't exercise and ate everything that wasn't nailed down. I had to look at those days and learn why I went over calories (birthday party, drinks with friends, lack of motivation, stressed out, emotional eating). I think you learn more from your failures than you do your successes and if you keep plugging away at it, you will eventually reach your goal.

Feel free to add me, and anyone else can too that needs friends.

Good luck on your weight loss. :)
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, or anyone else that's looking for friends. I still have around 40 pounds to go but started out with 118 to lose. Like to think I've learned a few things on the way. Still a slow process but all in all I'm happy with how things are going. You can do this, I promise. Won't necessarily be easy, but once you're in a few months, it starts to become a habit and a way of life.
  • CindyL8
    Options
    You can do it! Thanks for putting yourself out there to all of us because that helps all of us face this together. I have about 70 to lose so I appreciate your honesty and everyone's motivation and sharing! Let's get healthy together. I am going to work in 10-15 pound pockets because the number 70 is daunting. Please everyone, continue to share because it will keep us all in check and just as the one person mentioned....no excuses!
  • Dezzie1180
    Dezzie1180 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have about 140 lbs left to lose. I sent you a FR. Anyone else, feel free to add me☺
  • abcmommyx3
    abcmommyx3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as a friend :) I am learning to have friends on here helps. Just starting out again
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm in a similar boat - I've got about 70-90 lbs to lose. It seems a bit daunting, but I'm sure that we can all do it! Sending you a FR :smiley:
  • 100_lbs_Plus
    100_lbs_Plus Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I lost 104lbs and counting so far! send me a FR is you would like I would love to help you on your journey :)
  • starchild3
    starchild3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is also my ultimate goal! I could sure use some friends to help keep me motivated!
  • ChampCrucial
    ChampCrucial Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Started at 284. I am now 220. Basketball and Weights 1 every day made me lose 30lbs in 1 summer. Other than that just gradually moving to healthy eating and making sure I stayed active. If you need any tips, tricks, advice just let me know. Rough time for me on weight loss
  • PotentiallyCrazy
    PotentiallyCrazy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm on a journey to lose about 110-120 pounds.. 23 lost so far... I'm making pretty steady progress. I might reevaluate my goal as I get closer. I've been here on MFP 3 weeks now. Easy program; the hardest part is keeping myself accountable, lol, but it's working! Anyone who would like to can send me a friend request - we can help encourage each other :D
  • RaiDai79
    Options
    I am on a similar journey. Just had a baby 9 months ago and I would love to have enough energy to enjoy my family and my life. Friend requests are definitely welcomed, I need as much motivation as I can get :(