My first NSV! Not much, but I sure am proud!

Options
So for about 6 months now I haven't been able to dry my jeans without taking all the strength in the world to get them up over my thighs and butt! So I've been washing them and letting them air dry. Last night Michael forgot to take them out and DRIED THEM! At first I was upset because I thought "oh God, another day of me straining my arm muscles just to get my dang pants up" But then I put one leg in, and another, and they slid right up! Not only did they fit without me tugging and almost breaking the belt loops, but they were actually loose at the waist, thighs, and butt! So loose that I had to pull them up every time I stood up today! I know that this isn't much, but its the first NSV I've had besides my mom telling me I have been looking better (she's my MOM, she gotta say that stuff!)... I'm hoping that others will start to notice soon so I can get my first REAL (sorry mom) NSV from another person!

Oh and on top of that, my mom and I both lost 1 pound this week despite the Easter weekend mishaps we had!
Hope everyone else has had a good day!

Replies

• RenaeMG
    RenaeMG Posts: 19
    Options
    That's fantastic!! I don't this it's a small nsv at all.
  • ms_blonde_2008
    Options
    Thats Awesome! I can't wait till the day I can put on my jeans and they wont be tight! keep up the great work!
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a great feeling. I used to air dry almost all my clothes for the same reason. I knew I was really on my path to weightloss when I started to purposely dry my clothes so that they didn't fall off me anymore!:laugh:
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yay!! :) That is a great success! Not a small success! Congrats to you! I had a similar experience about a month or two ago. Good luck on the rest of your weight loss journey.
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Awesome, that is so wonderful.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    This is a BIG victory girl!!! keep it up!
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    Excellent job! Its those surprises that we least expect where we see the reward of our efforts!

Ok, I feel stupid but I need to ask, what is an NSV? I've seen it on the posts alot but I don't know what it stands for?
  • alicia826
    alicia826 Posts: 51
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a great feeling. I used to air dry almost all my clothes for the same reason. I knew I was really on my path to weightloss when I started to purposely dry my clothes so that they didn't fall off me anymore!:laugh:

I think I might just have to start doing that myself! BRING ON THE DRYER!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    That's HUGE! Great NSV:drinker:
  • alicia826
    alicia826 Posts: 51
    Options
    Excellent job! Its those surprises that we least expect where we see the reward of our efforts!

Ok, I feel stupid but I need to ask, what is an NSV? I've seen it on the posts alot but I don't know what it stands for?

No worries, I had to ask the same the first time I saw it! It means Non Scale Victory :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    great NSV! congratulations!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Many times our clothes tell us more than the scale does. I am happy that I can cross my legs comfortably now....it is the little things!
  • McPenguin
    McPenguin Posts: 67
    Options
    michaelgrayson - don't feel stupid! I was JUST about to post the same question! You beat me to it, and because you were brave enough to ask, I didn't have to! So, I thank you!

To the original poster - Congrats on your NSV! That's amazing! I can't wait to start drying my clothes too! :)
  • emilytgs24
    emilytgs24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    after researching ChaLean I change my mind. Do P90X! Just be prepared to supplement some more cardio!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic....congrats!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!! It is the small things that gives us encouragement....WTG!!!!!!
  • LauraLLee
    LauraLLee Posts: 210
    Options
    That is a great NSV!!! I lift my cup to you and say kudos! Your awesome and You can do this and you deserve to have all the successes!
  • snickerpants
    snickerpants Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Firstly, congratulations! What a great way to start any day! You deserve glowing appreciation and some sort of fragrant bouquet - or at least the pride and support of your peers.

I too have just learned what NSV stands for and I have to admit, I am glad to *finally* have a way to describe those moments, even if they're only for me. Most people haven't noticed a thing but I sure have. And now I have the proper term for it.
    Huzzah!
  • 000angie000
    000angie000 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yay, yay, yay!!! Not a small NSV!! That is huge!! Soon you will be double drying so you can wear them :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!