need help losing weight

Options
Hey guys,

so im 17 yrs old and having really big issues with my weight... iv recently moved out of home and have literally piled on the kilos :( any hints and tips would be a great help

Jess

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    eat less move more
  • babybutler
    Options
    thats my biggest issue.... im a very active person i do over 10 hours of solid cardio and strength a week with martial arts and yet im still gaining heaps of weight.
  • srixner
    srixner Posts: 6
    Options
    Its all about the calories. Count everything you eat!! DOwn to the mayo and ketchup. It all adds up. Then, make small changes and get more active. Take the stairs, walk for during lunch etc. Good luck!:smile:
  • Sta83cy
    Sta83cy Posts: 14
    Options
    what are you drinking? a lot of calories come from things like juice, milk, and sodas. cut those out and drink lots of water. also lay off the beef and start eating ground turkey instead. Fruits are good for you but watch how many you eat they contain a lot of sugars and carbs. Also, try switching up your exercise routine. Your body might be used to it, so do something different.
  • babybutler
    Options
    some really good advice thanks guys :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    thats my biggest issue.... im a very active person i do over 10 hours of solid cardio and strength a week with martial arts and yet im still gaining heaps of weight.

Make sure you're eating healthy (vegetables, fruits, lean protein, "good" carbs like brown rice and whole grains) as well as healthy portions (amazing how much we eat without realizing it) but also that you're eating ENOUGH to fuel those workouts!
  • DolphinLove2412
    Options
    Hi. I have just recently joined myfitnesspal and I am asking for some advice, hints, and tips on how to lose weight easier. I am unsure of what to eat and what not to eat. My biggest problem is I dont like being hungry and when I get hungry I eat the first thing I see. Even if it is not a healthy option for losing weight. I am not to thinn but Im not too chunky either. I am 14 lbs over weight and I would like to lose it and get back down to my healthy weight for my short 5'1 1/2" stature. Any advice, tips, and hints would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Kayla