SLIMMING WORLD plan

Options
Hi all,

I joined Slimming World on line a week ago in an effort to finally get rid of my excess weight(I had joined a group a couple of times in the past but the group approach was not for me).
I have been recently diagnosed with Diabetes type 2 (about 3 months ago) and I am also on medication for an under active thyroid (I have been for the last 15 years).....this combination makes diet a real mission...
For me this is purely a health issue more than anything else....
I was wondering if there is anyone here who has actually done or doing the Slimming World plan and has seen / sees results...

I lack motivation at the moment, crazy busy at work and not so many hours sleep but I don't want to use this as an excuse and become lazy....

Any tips or ideas or general advice to share in regards of the SW?

Thanks,

Anna

Replies

• lolly715
    lolly715 Posts: 106
    Options
    Not what you're looking for but I tried it last year and it didn't really work for me. I felt like the rules were too relaxed so didn't really do anything to curb portions and binges. As long as it was "free" food, there was no accountability and it was far too easy for me to cheat the system. With calorie counting (which is what this site is about) I can technically eat my day's allowance in Kit Kats if I want to but once I hit that maximum, that's it for the day. I find that much easier to get my head around. And it's free as well.

Friends have been very successful with it though, which is why I joined in the first place. And there's a few other forums that have big SW communities where you might get better answers.
  • loiscoles
    loiscoles Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been successful on this before. Basically it was when my mum joined so I ate the same evening meals and snacks as her and just had a sandwhich for lunch.
    There's lots of free food you can eat as much as you want of so you'll never have to go hungry like on a calorie controlled diet.

If you look at what you're actually eating and what actually contains these 'sins' they call them, then you realise slimming world's diet basically cuts out fat from your diet as much as possible, basically meaning you're eating foods which are easier to burn off so you don't get the excess weight staying with you.
  • koann65
    Options
    Thank you both very much for your replies :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Annko,

I have not tried Slimming World, but my advice would be to find a plan that works for you and that will be sustainable in the long term. Know that special diets are simply personal choice and that weight loss results from eating at a calorie deficit and not from the type of diet itself. :)

25 pounds is not much to lose. I'd suggest setting your goals to lose a half pound a week.

Just know you are worth losing the unwanted weight and that you can do this! Make that time for yourself.

Good luck!
  • pipmcgrath
    pipmcgrath Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have lost 6.7 stone with Slimming World and am hoping to call target very soon. I have found that it is a good healthy eating plan but I also exercise portion control