Logging bone-in chicken breast?

Options
I just want to make sure that I am doing this correctly. I purchased a bone-in chicken breast with the skin on it. I plan on cooking it with the bone still in and with the fat untrimmed until I'm done cooking. Should I weigh it before cooking, and again after it's done and I've cut away the meat from the fat and bone to log it in my diary? Thanks!

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Personally I cook it then weight the porting I eat and use the chicken breast cooked entry.
  • Add713
    Add713 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Personally I cook it then weight the porting I eat and use the chicken breast cooked entry.

yea this^^^^ except "portion" I eat
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Weigh the portion you eat-- you only need to record the actual weight of what you eat. If you aren't consuming the trimmings, don't log or weigh them.
  • Vina4
    Vina4 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My chicken i weight after it is cooked and then after i am done eating it i weight what is left. It gives me a better accounting of how much i actually ate in my opinion.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Add713 wrote: »

yea this^^^^ except "portion" I eat

Didn't even catch my typo, lol!
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

I do this as well. ^^^

• nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I've worked as a line cook in many a restaurant, broken down a chicken whole many a time. The average weight of the breast including the skin(best part) is between 200 and 220 grams. That's raw weight. Hope that helps.