What do you do when your stomach is rumbling but you have eaten all your calorie allowance?

Options

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I would evaluate my calorie goal to see if it's appropriate. Then I would eat more filling foods throughout the day. If you've done both of those things, just eat. One day of going over your goal won't kill you.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    If it was something that happened once in awhile I would eat, if it happens often I would look at my deficit to make sure I'm not running at too large of one, and I would check to make sure I was getting more satiating foods.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    is it rumbling because Im hungry or because Im digesting? If I already ate dinner, I would give it an hour and see if my body figured out yet that I fed it already. If Im still a bit starved but I have no active obligations for the rest of the night, I'll have a couple cookies or a glass of bourbon.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I stop thinking about food and dont eat
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I eat something. As you do, consider your calorie goal. Is it 1200? SHOULD IT BE? Consider how you allocated your calories. Is it working? Was the bagel (or whatever calorie dense, nutrient poor) thing that took a chunk worth it in the big picture?

But yes, if I'm truly hungry. I eat something. Something that will keep you satisfied (keep your body comfortable) for hours.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you have too many carbs in your evening meal... reach for the nutrient "dense" foods.. like broccoli, carrots, NUT butters (sans the sugar)... an dit is OKAY to add proteins...use no fat plain greek yogurt as a base for veggie dip... nothing wrong with snacking on protein and complex carbs...
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Eat a small bit of protein. Maybe your blood sugar dipped lower than your body would like it to be thus sending hungry signals to the brain.
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Re think your goal and tell yourself your craving from THE FLESH isnt as strong at the strength of your soul. You are the captain of your soul. Tell yourself it is ok to feel hungry, your not going to die. It diminished greed for food and the relentless addiction of the mind. Stick with your heart and plans, and drink some water.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I eat.
  • JaneECS
    JaneECS Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Drink water and go to bed.
  • Bukovnik
    Bukovnik Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I watch this video..............Then, I have no excuse!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448
  • sandradickie
    sandradickie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have tears in my eyes!! Thanks so much for posting and sharing this video!! I really needed this today!!
  • Lunawatuna
    Lunawatuna Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Have a hard boiled organic egg!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    If I'm feeling faint then my blood sugar has taken a nosedive, which is extremely rare, and I'll eat something. Usually a small piece of candy will take care of it, but if I feel I need more, I'll eat more.

Otherwise, I'll try something hot to drink. That'll usually quiet hunger pangs enough that I can get to sleep. If not, eating a couple of cornichons often will do it. As a last resort, I've heated a single serving of vegetable broth and had that. Between the taste of watered down celery and garlic in the brand I had in the pantry (and won't be buying again, yuck), any appetite I might have had is just killed.
  • krympmeg22
    krympmeg22 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Make a warm cup of green tea, not adding any sugar or milk. Calms me down and takes a while to drink. I also start to look forward to the next time I am going to weigh myself, because then I've probably lost some :stuck_out_tongue:
    Maybe also plan and look forward to what I am going to eat the next day for breakfast, or go outside for a walk.
    Us humans have a tendency to confuse different feelings as hunger. Maybe you are just tired and need sleep? Maybe bored? Maybe thirsty?
    I think it is important to try and keep oneself busy so you don't have time to think so much about it.
  • beachbodyproject
    beachbodyproject Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    :) I drink tea!!! I find the warmth is very soothing!!!!
  • Jacqadactle
    Jacqadactle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Eat something. Your body is telling you what it needs, don't ignore it or deprive it! Don't go overboard and make a plate of nachos, but try some veggies and lean protein. Drink some water with it. I promise veggies aren't what causes weight gain.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'd have a handful of almonds. One oz and the natural fat in nuts should cut whatever hunger pains there are, and last you until morning.

• FitHappyMe
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    ...If Im still a bit starved but I have no active obligations for the rest of the night, I'll have a couple cookies or a glass of bourbon.

That's one way to stop the growl!! Love it! :tongue:

• astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    1/2 pound of chicken