Wine, mixed drinks, weight loss

Options
carlyeremian
carlyeremian Posts: 2 Member
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Quick question. I figure in alcohol in my calorie intake per day. I do drink about 1 to 2 glasses of red wine per night and on the weekends I have been known to have a Moscow Mule here and there. Like I said, I do figure them in. Is it wrong to have as much alcohol while trying to loose weight? Since March I've lost 17 pounds with diet (counting calories) and exercise, I'm not in a hurry to lose weight. What do you guys think?

Replies

• maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I think let your weight loss be your guide.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    You can eat or drink anything you enjoy as long as you track it accurately and stay within your goal.

29509743.png
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I usually have a cocktail around 6:30, and sometimes a glass or two of wine with dinner. I lost over a pound a week for my first 6 months (January-June 2013).

34527787.png
  • stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If you are happy with your rate of weight loss I think it's fine. If you are staying within your calorie goal that is the main thing. In terms of health it may not be the best use of calories but I don't think upi need to avoid anything completely as long as you're reaching your goals.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    There is no right or wrong here ... you eat and drink what you want and if there are any consequences, then, there you are. If the drinks make you happy and fit into your calorie goal ... who's to say how you fill those calories?, not I.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing great! No need to give up your routine or alcohol if it fits and not derailing you.
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    i use alcohol as a reward. ;)
    as long as it's working for u and it doesn't effect your workout....drink up!
  • anapestic
    anapestic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I feel like your commitment to alcohol is not quite where it should be. A fifth of gin, for example, has only about 1,875 calories, which makes it a pretty good day's worth of nutrition. And, heck, it's loaded with botanicals, so it has to be good for you. You can always add in some olives if you feel like solid food needs to be part of your diet.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Quick question. I figure in alcohol in my calorie intake per day. I do drink about 1 to 2 glasses of red wine per night and on the weekends I have been known to have a Moscow Mule here and there. Like I said, I do figure them in. Is it wrong to have as much alcohol while trying to loose weight? Since March I've lost 17 pounds with diet (counting calories) and exercise, I'm not in a hurry to lose weight. What do you guys think?

Nope, it's not wrong as long as you're meeting all of your nutritional needs at the same time. As long as you're not at the bottom end of a calorie goal for you bodies needs, you should be able to properly plan out your nutrition while including nutritionally sparse/non existent items like alcohol.
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    If you are happy with your progress, stick with your plan. Personally, I don't drink alcohol while I am on a workout program since the calories have no nutritional value and are absorbed by your body first, delaying any fat burning process.
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't stall you, why not?
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Your ticker indicates you will be at goal in 3 pounds, but have you stalled?
    If you have stalled and the 20 pound weight loss goal was only step 1, then you may need to change or tweak your daily intake to push through and start loosing again.