Hi from Australia!

Hi All, I am from Brisbane Australia, I have been on so many diets over the last 10 years.
I am currenlty at my heaviest. I am nearly 106kg (233pounds) :sad:
I am so motivated. My family is going on a cruise in 4months and I'd like to have lost some weight by the time we go. I'd be happy with 10kg (22pounds) to start with. I found this site after searching for inspiration and it has some fantastic information on here. I love the food diary!

Anyway I look forward to sharing good news with you all!!

Replies

• Lib1927
    Lib1927 Posts: 44 Member
    Hi All, I am from Brisbane Australia, I have been on so many diets over the last 10 years.
    I am currenlty at my heaviest. I am nearly 106kg (233pounds) :sad:
    I am so motivated. My family is going on a cruise in 4months and I'd like to have lost some weight by the time we go. I'd be happy with 10kg (22pounds) to start with. I found this site after searching for inspiration and it has some fantastic information on here. I love the food diary!

Anyway I look forward to sharing good news with you all!!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Welcome, you'll find lots of support and fun people here. Stay involved and log everything.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Nice to meet you and welcome! This is a great place to be. :flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Welcome to the family!
    and good luck!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome

Lots of inspiration is what you'll find here Hon!:drinker:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    OhhhAustralia always wanting to go and visit.
    Welcome:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    OI! Always good to have a bona fide sheilah in our midst! Welcome!!!
    I reeally dig OZ. I was in Brisbane a couple years ago - totally loved the botanical gardens, jogging along the river, and the outdoor mall! For a while, I even considered quitting my good job and coming over to stalk Hugh Jackman full time... but there was no money in that so I gave it up.

The food diary is what won me over to MFP, too. Plus, people are so positive and supportive. I have seen very few disparaging posts.

Try to lose that 22 PLUS another 5 just for the cruise. Both times I took a cruise, I picked up 5 glorious pounds - it's a floating culinary heaven! Enjoy!
  • Lib1927
    Lib1927 Posts: 44 Member
    He He! :laugh: Maybe not a bona fide Sheila, I am originally from NZ, but it is a beautiful place!

Thank you all for the welcomes, I am loving it here already!