Help! I spent 4 hours digging today. Like, 10Lx5wx4d

Options
I want to log this since other than that, All I did was my daily walk. But it was hard going and constant work since its a grave for my great uncles funeral tomorrow.... I say its one heck of a workout. I thought I was not going to survive!!!
Any ideas what I could log this in as??

Replies

• dbcja
    dbcja Posts: 54
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your uncle :o(
    I once emptyed a early childhood education centres sandpit and logged it as shoveling snow... seemed like an odd thing to do in the middle of summer :o)
  • dd_salas
    dd_salas Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Were you wearing a HR monitor? That would be the ONLY way to get an accurate calorie count for your efforts. If yes, then you can just create a cardio exercise called "Digging" and record your time and calorie burn. If no HR monitor, you're just blind guessing as to what you burned. Good luck!
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    wow... No, I am sorry for your loss!! I am not sure... did you go through the database?? There may be something... If I see anything I will come back and suggest it. God be with you and your family in this sad time. :cry: :flowerforyou:
  • beloslover
    Options
    Boo... Well... Shovelling snow it is then. Thanks :D
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You know what... snow shoveling. That would be what I would do.
  • beloslover
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the condolences. I'm not overly bothered with it, I never met him. He is actually my great uncle. It was a bit unnerving carrying the casket for the wake and seeing the him though.
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your uncle. Snow shoveling sounds good....its not exactly right but unless you plan on eating back ALL those calories its plenty close enough!
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    As someone who has shoveled a fair amount of snow in the last year, it's a good workout, but I would think digging would burn more calories. With snow shoveling, you don't have to do the same amount of foot work, pushing the shovel into the ground. Also, snow shovels are generally plastic and weigh a lot less than metal dirt shovels. So if you log it as snow shoveling, give yourself some bonus calories.