lotsa weight gain after gallbladder removed?

Options
I had a baby this year and my gallbladder removed. I didnt thnk much of it until I out of nowhere gained a bunch of weight after surgery...
Now I am having so much trouble gettin any weight off!! If anything I keep GAINING!.
I also have pancreatitus which means low fat or no fat foods so I usually have fruits & vegetables + water. I do get bits some exercise whenever I can but yeah I have never gained weight like this before.. getting it off seems impossible almost.:cry:

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Pancreatitis is not something you would like to mess with (are your lipase numbers normal now?). But weight loss is all about a calorie deficit. Have you started to track your calories? Do you use a food scale?

If it is any consolation, my wife had her gallbladder rupture which caused pancreatitis and diverticulitis. When she had flare ups (about 1.5 years worth) she lost 40 lbs from not being able to eat. She gained back that 40 lbs and has struggled to get it off. But she also have a heart condition, which makes it a bit more difficult.
  • sadsb
    sadsb Posts: 13
    Options
    hmmm..i had my gallbladder out a yr and some mnth ago and lost a lot quite quickly but now have gained 10pds back and i exercise A LOT! so not sure what is going on..maybe i lost quickly bc i was hardly eating anything and now am back to eating a normal diet...but shouldn't acct for this weight gain i think. Am now going to go back to really monitoring what i put in my mouth and pray i LOSE!! it is depressing though when u do so much and yet still can not lose. i know:(
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I had my gallbladder out November of 2013. Almost a year later I've lost approximately 24 lbs. For me personally, I think having my gallbladder out may have made it easier to lose weight.

With that said, was this your first pregnancy? I know many people find it MUCH harder to lose weight after having their first baby. You may be noticing a difference in your body/hormones/metabolism post pregnancy perhaps more than the gallbladder surgery. Have you had any new medications or birth control added this year? Those can also play a big role in weight gain/loss.

No matter what, keep logging your food and weighing/measuring everything and you'll see results. :)