Replies

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Heard its a load of rubbish.
  • axw7454
    axw7454 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yeah the second people get off it, they gain it all back. I'd rather stick to real protein shakes personally.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Waste of money - calorie deficit is all you need and free!
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    As a business model, multi-level-marketing is icky. I've had friends and relatives try to "sell" to me. I can't do anything about the relatives, but the friends...
    b0ff84b6957d6232b74d32e02f03f374898e1768787338037cd59e8058b84478.jpg
  • axw7454
    axw7454 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    zamphir66 wrote: »
    As a business model, multi-level-marketing is icky. I've had friends and relatives try to "sell" to me. I can't do anything about the relatives, but the friends...
    b0ff84b6957d6232b74d32e02f03f374898e1768787338037cd59e8058b84478.jpg

Hahahahaha! I seriously stopped talking to a friend that kept trying to sell to me too. Don't ever become a seller, it'll ruin your business network.
  • starmom2014
    Options
    Herbalife is very very bad for you. The main ingredient in herbalife protein shake is soy. If over consumed, soy can play havoc on your estrogen! Stay away! Stick to real meat or whey based protein. Hope this helps.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Herbal Life is a waste of money.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Total scam
  • ItsJordanNicole
    ItsJordanNicole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    axw7454 wrote: »
    Yeah the second people get off it, they gain it all back. I'd rather stick to real protein shakes personally.

Not true. I stopped and I haven't gained....but herbalife isn't necessary to lose weight
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Depends what you are using it for. If you sometimes want an easy alternative to breakfast it tastes ok and is at least fairly balanced. As a 2 a day diet thing it's like any other - you may lose weight but you will need to learn to eat properly.
    I have some in work that I use on my 8am starts sometimes as it does not go stale in the way bread would, requires no cooking facilities (we have none), I can use the milk I get to put in my coffee and it does not take much space to store. It tastes better than a lot of the alternatives...
  • fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I like the mint one for breakfast sometimes, but it is not needed for weight loss, it just depends what you find works for you.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Monroe121 wrote: »
    Hey MFP,

What are your thoughts on Herbalife?

Thanks!

Ps. Add me as a friend! :smile:
    It's another pyramid type business sure to build up your hopes only to dash them once your money is sucked away.
    GOOD LUCK!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Pyramid scheme. Designed to make a few folks rich, and many more disillusioned. Don't waste your money. Don't ruin friendships over it.
  • leonamuni
    Options
    I used to buy herbalife because I wanted something to help me get enough iron, protein and calcium as vegetarian transitoning into vegan, but if you really look at the label, it doesn't give you that much, there are better alternatives. That said, if you blend it with ice and fruit for a long time, it gets really dense and creamy and delicious :) Still, I think it's over priced and not very filling if you have it on it's own. Let me know if you have any other questions.