It's not much for you guys, but...

Options
For me it's a small victory that I'm proud of. With some walking time, I ran 2 kms today =D It's not much, I know, because I didn't run without walking, but two weeks ago I couldn't force myself to get up and after 100 metres I was sweaty and out of breath.
I wish all of you a wonderful, healthy day <3

Replies

• wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    Take your victory! Can't compare them to anyone else's.

OWN IT!
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Go you!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Running is so tough when you first get started. I'm trying to add it into my routine too, but have to take it in small bits so far.
  • JJ_27
    JJ_27 Posts: 19
    Options
    That's great! i couldn't run 2km... well done.
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    everyone has to start somewhere. i think it's great. i can't run even half that far. when i try i cough my head off. you are wanting to make a new you that's a good thing. you are a lovely young lady. you should not discount yourself. even small victories, as you call them, are important.
  • chunkymonkeylass
    Options
    Hazah! I cant run,myself(bad knees) . YOU GO GURL!:flowerforyou:
  • richcaca
    richcaca Posts: 1
    Options
    Every marathon runner alive, and even those that are not, started by finally being able to finish a 1 km run with LOTS of walking, and doubts about whether it would ever be possible to make it to 2 km, with or without walking. The smartest way to climb a mountain is backwards, so you can always see how far you've come, and marvel at it.
  • lizluvs3
    lizluvs3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey guess what? That's how EVERYBODY starts out! I'm up to 6 miles (most of the time lol) without walking but I started with a half mile! Then I stayed at a mile for years...just recently got a buddy that helped motivate me to do more. Just keep at it and before u kno it ull be saying I ran a 5k without walking!
  • shumatet1982
    Options
    Good to hear, you started. Keep up the motivation!

My Tip would be: Maybe you ran to fast for the start. Jogging, or slow running is harder than fast running. Depending, wether you want intervall training, or plain running/jogging, you should maybe work on running slowly.
    And I would advise you to work on your breathing. Correct breathing is very helpful! Count he breathing, to get a stable frequency.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Any progress is cause to celebrate!:smile:
  • DRay64
    DRay64 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I can't run at all so you got me beat.
  • JenayMichele1982
    Options
    Wtg! It gets easier and easier!
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    Awesome! Just remember even top marathon runners started where you are too. It will get easier with time. I remember when I first started running I though "Runners are crazy!", but now that I haven't been running I miss it! I just started back up and love it, even when I just want to stop...lol

Keep up the great work!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your victory! One step at a time :flowerforyou:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Great job! Every step counts, every victory is to be celebrated!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!