Insanity Friends

Options
I just started Insanity today. I have done it before but it was a year ago at a gym. This time I am doing at home by my self. I am looking for friends that is working out to Insanity as well for motivation and support. Its a really tough program and since I am doing it at home by my self, I feel like I want to give up easily. I want to complete the 60 day program.

Replies

• vericacnae
    Options
    Hi. I also just officially started Insanity today (i did it all last week but started with cd 5 until i ordered my own set) how did you do on the fit test? I literally had to stop 5 min in between but i finished it!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Haha. Last monday when I did start. I didn't record anything. But being sick and did up to day 3. I started again and today was a new fresh start. This time today I did record my progress. Since we are friends you can look at my profile. At the bottom I recorded my results that I got. :) How about you? Tomorrow will be day 2 and it will be 40 mins long. I hope I can do this again. As for stopping. I keep the dvd going but I take a quick break. I feel like I am going to Die!!! hahaha. I can't wait to see my results on day 60. We got this!!!
  • lisajuliette
    lisajuliette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing it :) just finished day four. I feel like I'm dying every damn time haha, but the calorie burn is so worth it :) feel free to add me.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Options
    Oh I know after I am done each time, I fall to the floor even doing the cool down. I lay on the floor for a good 5 mins to get my breath then go get a class of water. Here is my before photo. I will re post my before photo after I am done with the 60 day results and compare.

gxkq6x0in3n2.jpg

uo7hxmquyi85.jpg

• lisajuliette
    lisajuliette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    So excited to see your before vs. after photos :) I'll add my before and midway photos when I finish week 4 :)
  • Iansmommy123011
    Options
    I can not wait! :) I love seeing everyone's before and after photos. It really helps for motivation. :) Today was Day 2.
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Partially did day 4 today. I will be happy to get more insane friends :)
  • vericacnae
    Options
    I cried today during insanity!!! I don't know if it was the music change but u literally cried Lol #day2 complete
  • yaeger07
    Options
    I did plyo for the second time today. I definitely burn the most calories in that one. The level 1 drills are so hard for me. I find that I can keep up with everything except for the jumping. I took before pictures and will post progress pics as I go.
  • 152jurgen
    Options
    Hi there,

I just started on monday as well :smile: But I didn't take the fit test... I actually did the plyometric cardio circuit on monday and on tuesday. If I have time I might just do the fit test today before doing the cario recovery.
    I just discovered MFP, it seems a big help, but no friends yet :\ so feel free to add me if you like.
    Anyway, keep up the good work!!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Options
    Today is day 4. It was Cardio Recovery. It was a little easy but you do still feel the burn during the stretches. Two more days this week. :) Tomorrow will be back on the floor dying haha
  • Iansmommy123011
    Options
    Today is day 4. It was Cardio Recovery. It was a little easy but you do still feel the burn during the stretches. Two more days this week. :) Tomorrow will be back on the floor dying haha
  • covens04
    covens04 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Y'all hang in there. Insanity is tough. It not only challenges your body but your mind. Keep on rocking and do the best you can. I did Insanity last year, but fell back into bad ways. This year I have completed P90x3, T25, and started P90x3 again. I have been able to lose 30 pounds with the right support and knowing why I want to change. Just keep your why in the front of your mind and you will push through! Feel free to add for continued support!
  • 152jurgen
    Options
    did the fit test yesterday and the cardio recovery just afterwards. At least I have now a starting reference. The test was really killing me, but the cardio recovery was really great to make it pass.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Options
    Sorry I couldn't post yesterday I have been busy, But I am glad yesterday I finished week 1 and I enjoyed my day off. I start week 2 tomorrow. More Insanity here we come! :)
  • graciewoo1706
    graciewoo1706 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting Insanity today, I'll do the fit test when I finish lessons tonight.
    I'm more worried about the diet than anything else. Are you all sticking to the meal plan ?
    I'm a student and don't have much money, I'm scared it'll cost too much to stick to it completely.
    Do any of you know anywhere I could get similar recipes or just healthy meal ideas ?
    Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone ! :)
  • HaleyBrom
    HaleyBrom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey I started least Wednesday :) and still alive to tell the tale lol.

Not done today's workout yet though, had to pop into work for half a day and now I am hungry, even though I just had some cottage cheese and crispbread lol......
  • 152jurgen
    Options
    Hi gracie,

I started last week as well, and yes, I follow the meal plan. It seems to work good for me (although it is a bit early to have a good view on it). I don't think it will cost you really that much money. I don't follow all the recipies as outlined in the plan, but I stick to the 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat and will adapt some of the recepies in the nutrition guide which I use to get the basic idea.
    I found that buying a proteine powder supplement is handy to get the proteine goals and it allows to have a fast breakfast as I have to get up at 0530AM (250 ml low fat soy milk, half a banana, 30 g proteine powder (chocolate taste), 80 g of frozen blueberries , all this in the blender--> done) or even a milk shake in the evening as a "treat" (I use then less milk and put it for 30 min in the freezer)

Just adapt the meals to get something you like while maintaining the Cals, proteins, carbs and fat goals. MFP is really a great help to modify your menus and fast checking your nutrition goals in no time.

Hope this helps a bit :-)

Jurgen

• Iansmommy123011
    Options
    Today I did Week 2 day 2. Not to sound stupid but is the meal plan on beachbody.com? I don't follow the meal plan with it. MFP has a new thing about recipes. If you click on the recipe tap you can find so much different foods you can make. It helps you log it into your diary. Today I made the Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Bourbon-Peach Barbecue Sauce. It was really good. I had steamed green beans with it. But you can also check out this site for more recipes. www.myrecipes.com :)
  • Iansmommy123011
    Options
    Week 2 day 3 done! Today I did the Cardio Circuit of Insanity. I felt like I was going to DIE!!!