Trying this again. Anyone from Chicago?

Hello,

After a 5 month relapse, I'm back again to try this because I know it works.

I just went to Trader Joes to buy healthy food for my fridge and pantry, and I'm very excited to get this weight-loss started. :)

It's not just weight-loss that I'm aiming for, though, it's pretty much an image overhaul. I'm starting to treat myself to manicures and pedicures and I'm growing my hair out. When the weight piled on I stopped caring how I looked, and I want to change that and put more pride into how I come across.

Just curious, is there anyone here from Chicago? I live in the Rogers Park area of Chicago, and would love to meet up with other people with similar goals! Maybe we can go walking/jogging along the lake.

XOXO,

Vanessa

Replies

• dollforlife
    dollforlife Posts: 41 Member
    Hello,

After a 5 month relapse, I'm back again to try this because I know it works.

I just went to Trader Joes to buy healthy food for my fridge and pantry, and I'm very excited to get this weight-loss started. :)

It's not just weight-loss that I'm aiming for, though, it's pretty much an image overhaul. I'm starting to treat myself to manicures and pedicures and I'm growing my hair out. When the weight piled on I stopped caring how I looked, and I want to change that and put more pride into how I come across.

Just curious, is there anyone here from Chicago? I live in the Rogers Park area of Chicago, and would love to meet up with other people with similar goals! Maybe we can go walking/jogging along the lake.

XOXO,

Vanessa

Hi Vanessa! My name is Linda and I'm new to MyFitnessPal. I don't live in Chicago anymore but I used to and I go back often. Maybe we can swap stories about how things are changing. Add me if you like.
  • becajb
    becajb Posts: 50
    I live in Australia have just gotten back on-board myself this week.

Love you attitude!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Welcome! I'm in Chicago.
  • Welcome! I'm in Chicago.

Oh cool! What area? How do you like living in Chicago? :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Western Lakeview. I love it.
  • emilyGPK
    emilyGPK Posts: 83 Member
    Hi there :) -- I am in the greater chicago area, if you want some encouragement I would be happy to try to help....
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Hey hey! I'm in Chicago! Welcome :)
  • foryoublue
    foryoublue Posts: 24
    Hello! I'm in Chicago as well. Would love to be friends!
  • R6yan
    R6yan Posts: 2
    I just signed up. Chicago north here also! Hello everyone!
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Not Chicago but Northwest burbs... Elgin. Feel free to add. :)
  • shopno14
    shopno14 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi, I'm in Chicago too. Rogers Park area, by Peterson and Damen! Feel free to add me :)
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Hi Im from Chicago too:)
  • iBehaviorCoach
    iBehaviorCoach Posts: 2 Member
    Hey,

I live in Lincoln Park and always looking for others to check out new fitness spots with me.
  • beallh
    beallh Posts: 24 Member
    I live in chicago! but soon I will live in northwest suburbs because I'm getting married :)
  • gemaquaries
    gemaquaries Posts: 79 Member
    Im from Maywood but am in Rogers Park frequently :)
  • gemaquaries
    gemaquaries Posts: 79 Member
    Oh ya, lol anyone feel free to add me :)
  • OnceAMermaid
    OnceAMermaid Posts: 1 Member
    I live in Edgewater and am looking for a lakefront running buddy! Let me know if you are still interested in finding someone to go with.
  • klacefield9
    klacefield9 Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2014
    I am currently living in Oak Park, right outside of Chicago. But I'm often downtown because I am a full time student :)
    Feel free to add me
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    I am from Chicago. Bridgeport area but I work downtown. Feel free to add me.