I'm loosing my son!!!

Options
Today, my 11 year old got on the scale at my request - I was just curious what he weighed these days. After finding out how much he currently weighs, I realized once I reach my goal, I will have lost the same amount of weight he is currently at. It's just mind boggling to me to look at him and realize I have been carrying around that much extra weight for the last several years!

And, it has helped to give me some new enthusiasm for continuing on through the funk I have been in the last couple months. Now, to get down to work and loose the last 30 pounds!

Replies

• sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. That is a fantastic achievement and you should be very proud of yourself!!
  • maggiegirl65
    maggiegirl65 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Your son is an inspiration in more ways than one. I wish you all the best as you shed the last 30 lb!!
  • littlej01
    littlej01 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats and kick that last 30lbs in the butt!
  • trishtrish1
    trishtrish1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    littlej01 wrote: »
    That's awesome! Congrats and kick that last 30lbs in the butt!

Ditto!
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Fun way to think about it :) By the way, it is losing not loosing. But it might be fun to set your son loose on the world!
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    ^ I thought "Let loose the Kraken!" >.>

Anyway, congratulations OP! I love it when people realize in factual terms how much weight they've lost! You can get those last 30 pounds!!
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Good luck OP! You can do it!
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Well done. I don't think there's anything wrong with a maintenance break now and again. But other than that, best wishes on the continuation of your journey.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad this was a happy post! Way to go.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Brings a new meaning to the term 'baby wearing' ;)
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I was expecting something else with the title.

Congrats on the realization. Good luck on losing the rest of your excess weight.

For me I'm losing myself. It's pretty sad that I've been carrying around the weight of another person...
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    In for loosing.