Has anyone tried Acai?

Options
Just wondering if anyone has tried it? I was thinking about it but just wondering if it was another one of those fail at losing any weight pills LOL!:laugh:

This holiday time is killing me, I pig'd out yesterday and shouldn't have... I feel so guilty now, this whole diet thing is really tough! It seems harder every day for me b/c of the stress I have!

Finals are in a week and a half, boy will I be ready for them to be over with! And then the stressful time of not having enough money even tho I feel like Im working my behind off ...Christmas is soo close and Im stressing over it! Geez this stress is a big issue!

I found out im borderline high blood pressure and Im only 19!!!!! That stresses me EVEN MORE! LOL and that sure dont help me manage it haha

what to do what to do ... tryin to lose weight and just get in shape, tone my body but I just cant seem to stay motivated ... HELP!!!!!!!!:huh:

Replies

• fjones0021
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has tried it? I was thinking about it but just wondering if it was another one of those fail at losing any weight pills LOL!:laugh:

This holiday time is killing me, I pig'd out yesterday and shouldn't have... I feel so guilty now, this whole diet thing is really tough! It seems harder every day for me b/c of the stress I have!

Finals are in a week and a half, boy will I be ready for them to be over with! And then the stressful time of not having enough money even tho I feel like Im working my behind off ...Christmas is soo close and Im stressing over it! Geez this stress is a big issue!

I found out im borderline high blood pressure and Im only 19!!!!! That stresses me EVEN MORE! LOL and that sure dont help me manage it haha

what to do what to do ... tryin to lose weight and just get in shape, tone my body but I just cant seem to stay motivated ... HELP!!!!!!!!:huh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Might want to do a search on the topic..... this topic has come up many times and members have weighed in on their thoughts...... might help you get an idea on those that have tried it etc.:smile:
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    i JUST ORDERED SO THROUGH A FREE TRIAL AND i AM EXCITED! I did however read the IFINE print and if you use the free trial BE SURE TO call and cancel the "membership" they tell you its free and the after 14 day they charge your card 89 dollars unless you cancel....I will let you know how it works for me:flowerforyou:
  • fjones0021
    Options
    Thank You that would be much appreciated!! Yeah I saw in the fine print also about the 14 days altho in the BIG PRINT it says you have a month ...always trying to trick us ...:laugh: haha we showed them ...we read the fine print lol bet they'll be disappointed haha:grumble: :noway: hahhaha

Good Luck with it and I really would love to know how the trial goes!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Yea...stress is a tough cycle...it leads to more stress etc... Sorry to hear about th HBP....

Have you ever thought of packin up the word 'diet' and thinking of it more as a lifestyle change? Something that will be a journey we are all on together.....a life long one. Sometimes the word 'diet' can really paralzye progress.

Perhaps if you pick one thing to start out with in the morning as a goal....get your water in....make that your day's goal. Be proud! That's a huge deal...especially with more of the foods folks tend to eat more of around the holidays, water can really help in ridding our bodies of the junk.

Continuing excercise will surely help out with stress.....if you eat something you regret....just log it in, move on....

Do you do Yoga or meditate? Those are awesome tools to calm your body, mind and spirit and keep the stress level low to none.

Might be a great time to check out some new ideas to add into your excericse routine...things you'd never thought of until they told you about your HBP..... finding out now while you are so young....is much better than finding out later that you had it but didn't know all along.

Let us know how you are......:flowerforyou:
  • deflating_girl
    Options
    no
    I have not tried it but REALLY REALLY want too!!!! Have not been able to find it here in New Zealand yet. I think my Aunty sells it in liquid form but i have to find out.
    If you go on it let me know how it goes!
    Really interested myself. Supposed to be real good for loosing weight and has alot of nutrients in it. Natures super food they say LOL.

Would love to get my lil hot hands on the stuff!!! :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    i JUST ORDERED SO THROUGH A FREE TRIAL AND i AM EXCITED! I did however read the IFINE print and if you use the free trial BE SURE TO call and cancel the "membership" they tell you its free and the after 14 day they charge your card 89 dollars unless you cancel....I will let you know how it works for me:flowerforyou:

this may not apply to you if you've already been able to reach a valid phone number to cancel.... but this was one of the many things brought up in recent Acai Berry threads... when folks go to use the phone number to cancel so they don't get their cc charged....it's an invalid number.... a number of folks seemed to have had this happen.

Like I said...this may not apply to you......

My personal thoughts....are any diet pill type drugs may work short term but they really won't help us long term in changing our habits.

Hard to say what's actually in some of the drug items ordered via the internet as well...sorta scary:noway:
  • fjones0021
    Options
    THANKS FOR THE ADVICE! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :happy:

I AM DEFINITELY JUST TRYING TO DO AN OVERALL CHANGE TO BETTER MY HEALTH IN GENERAL INSTEAD OF JUST LOOKING AT IT AS A DIET, I SEEM TO NOT DO SO GOOD WITH JUST THE DIET ALONE, I NEED SOME REAL INSENITIVES TO MAKE ME WANT SOMETHING... AND MY HEALTH SEEMS TO BE A PRETTY DARN GOOD THING TO BE FOCUSED ON!!!!
    HBP RUNS IN MY FAM BUT I WANT TO MAKE A CHANGE WITH ME JUST BY MY OVERALL HEALTH AND FOOD INTAKE DECISIONS I KNOW A FEW SIMPLE CHANGES COULD CHANGE A LOT FOR MYSELF FOR THE BETTER!!

I REALLY DO NEED TO FIND SOMETHING THAT CALMS ME AND RELAXES MY BODY, I JUST SEEM TO ALWAYS BE ON THE GO WITH NO TIME FOR MYSELF, HOPEFULLY SOON I WILL FIND THAT ONE THING I NEED FOR PEACE AND QUIET FOR MYSELF!'

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY AND I'LL TRY TO KEEP EVERYONE INFORMED ON MY HBP... I DONT HAVE HEALTH INSUARANCE UNTIL AFTER THE 1ST OF THE YEAR, SO UNTIL THEN IM GOING TO TRY AND CHANGE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO MAKE THINGS BETTER FOR MYSELF!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Have you considered therapy? I had to visit my campus student counseling services this semester to learn to better cope with my stress. It reached a point that surpassed what I could deal with on my own even with my healthy habits. My counselor was someone I could talk to about anything in total confidentiality, which I really needed. He gave me deep breathing and visualization exercises and helped me cope with some guilt and stuff. These services are free to students so you won't need health insurance. It's part of what you pay for as a student.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Have you considered therapy? I had to visit my campus student counseling services this semester to learn to better cope with my stress. It reached a point that surpassed what I could deal with on my own even with my healthy habits. My counselor was someone I could talk to about anything in total confidentiality, which I really needed. He gave me deep breathing and visualization exercises and helped me cope with some guilt and stuff. These services are free to students so you won't need health insurance. It's part of what you pay for as a student.
    Great Idea SBS:drinker: :happy:
  • fjones0021
    Options
    I go to an Off branch located in my town of a Community Campus that is a county away ... Im not even sure if they offer anything like this, I think I just need to balance my work life and my school life

I feel as if I need to work less in a way ..Im going part time this semester and working pretty much full time at least 38hrs a week ... so that could be a lot of my stress

I work in a Pharmacy for Kroger and its sooo high paced all the time, very demanding job ... I work anywhere from 8 to 11 hours a day ... its a killer at times

thanks for the advice:flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I am at school 17 hrs/wk and tutor and then at work 25 hrs/wk. I'm a Senior, and this is by far my most difficult year between classes and finding internships and grad progems. When they made me a manager I just about lost it, I HATE retail and then all of a sudden I had all this extra responsibility. It took them 3 months to increase my pay ( a whole 75 cents, ugh) and send me my backpay, so for the last 3 months I have only been able to pay rent and part of my credit cards (I only have 2!) and overdrew on my checking account twice. Add to that marathon training and my poor bf feeling neglected, and it was a bad situation. What helped me was writing out daily schedules for the week, pretty much hourly. Class __to ___, Certain Homework __ to __, Tutoring ___to ___, Work ___to ___. You can use a planner or even just a regular journal. Making lists is great because it feels so good to cross things off. My counselor also suggested lowering my standards...meaning I have to stop stressing about getting all A's, explain to my bf that I need to focus on school so we can't "color", and asking for slightly less hours at work (that one I couldn't do but it was a nice thought lol). When it starts to wear on you that much, you have to cut corners. Prioritize so you don't just shut down and do nothing (this was a problem for me...I'd just neglect everything and go to the gym). And do schedule time to relax, even if it's just 30 minutes, but don't let it extend so far that you can't do the urgent and important things. If you get a day off, sleep in, and then use the day to do productive things, like study or tidy up your living space. This stuff helped me a lot. I still stress out, but don't have break downs or anything like I used to, and I can find humor in how ridiculously busy I get. :flowerforyou: