insanity question

Options
do you have to be pretty close to your goal to be able to do this? I'm 215 lbs (had 2 kids in 2 years) and decently active. Could I do it?

Replies

• CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    No I was weighing 242pds when I started insanity. The only problem I had my knees would hurt like hell, but fix that by getting some real good knee braces. I lost 42pds with insanity and love the intense of the program. I had my love and hate days with Shaun To and Tonya.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i think it will help anyone burn calories..it wont get you ripped..most of the people in those videos were already athletic to begin with and had muscles..so when they lose fat you can see them. makes it look like they got ripped from doing that workout. i dont see the harm, but dont expect to look like those people in the videos. you'd probably be better off taking the zumba classes or pilates classes at your gym..if they have them..i am a memeber of the Y and its free to members.
  • emily27uk
    emily27uk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Of course you can do it now, just so simple modifications and take more breaks. I was always discouraged when I had to take more breaks until my friend pointed out they all fitness instructors and look how knackered they are!!! Try instead of jumping jst raising one knee at a time. Check out TurboFire, it is very similar but she has one of the girls doing modifications for beginners, you can always learn the modifications then move onto Insanity later.
    xxxx