Starting Hydroxycut today

Options
2»

Replies

• tattooedtwiin
    Options
    Good luck with sleeping, and losing your hair....
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Once again, I wouldn't suggest to use Hydroxycut. Quick weight lost methods are usually temporary. That is one reason a lot of people say the word "Diet" isn't a good term to use. It almost suggest something temporary. The best thing to do is expect and appreciate slow results as this is something that is more permenant. It's going to be a lifestyle change.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    To Kandyjo: Thank you! i will most certainly post results. I am not writing off what everyone is saying at all. Though I already know most of what the comments have said, I still appreciate the honesty and people sharing their experiences. It's all something to take into consideration. My best defense against any potentially harmful side effects is that I have come to be very aware of my body and its signals. I will know if anything is going wonky and address it immediately. I know I CAN lose weight without any help from Hydroxycut. Again, I'm just wanting to see if it will help jumpstart the process. I plan on taking it for one month and only one month. Given my tendency for palpitations I don't want to take it any longer than that.
    I am on prescribed medication for my hypothyroidism but I am going to call my doctor today to make an appt for a consult, basically, and talk to her about this. Thanks guys :)
  • sarahkatara
    Options

Is there a way to view this in English?
  • sarahkatara
    Options
    Good luck with sleeping, and losing your hair....

Thank you for such sound advice! :laugh:
  • sarahsmart88
    Options
    If you have hypothyroidism, you should talk to your doctor first. When you go on stimulants like Hydroxycut, they mess with your metabolism, THYROID, and adrenal glands. They do tend to spike your thyroid's functions, which may be something you legitimately need. However, the crash can be AWFUL!!!! Once you finish a bottle and think you don't need it anymore, your body will have become dependent on the stimulant and it can cause you to feel terrible. Also, continuosly pupming your body with these artificial simulants can put unnecessary strain on your thyroid, adrenals, and kidneys. I would highly suggest getting a low-dose thyroid perscription rather than using high-caffeine Hydroxycut.

Source--I've taken nearly every "fat burner" on the face of the earth, experiencing horrible side effects. I also had hypothyroidism when I was younger and was on synthroid for some years.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I would highly suggest getting a low-dose thyroid perscription rather than using high-caffeine Hydroxycut.
    +1
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I wanted to try it- but I'm breastfeeding. No can do.
  • sarahkatara
    Options
    If you have hypothyroidism, you should talk to your doctor first. When you go on stimulants like Hydroxycut, they mess with your metabolism, THYROID, and adrenal glands. They do tend to spike your thyroid's functions, which may be something you legitimately need. However, the crash can be AWFUL!!!! Once you finish a bottle and think you don't need it anymore, your body will have become dependent on the stimulant and it can cause you to feel terrible. Also, continuosly pupming your body with these artificial simulants can put unnecessary strain on your thyroid, adrenals, and kidneys. I would highly suggest getting a low-dose thyroid perscription rather than using high-caffeine Hydroxycut.

Source--I've taken nearly every "fat burner" on the face of the earth, experiencing horrible side effects. I also had hypothyroidism when I was younger and was on synthroid for some years.

Hey, thank you for this response. I am on Synthroid and have been for many years. You are right though. I will most definitely be speaking with my doctor about the possible thyroid interactions.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    So you have a history of heart palpitations but you are choosing to take a diet pill linked to heart problems?

:/
  • sarahkatara
    Options
    So you have a history of heart palpitations but you are choosing to take a diet pill linked to heart problems?

:/

Yes. I haven't dealt with any such issues in about 5 years now. My doc was never highly concerned about those palpitations or anything because they were very slight and we haven't even had to speak about the topic in quite some time. Again, I will be speaking with the doc, just to make sure. I'm very aware of risks and such. Hydroxycut may have a lot of caffeine, however for someone like myself who is completely stuck and needs a jump start help, that may be enough to help. I am quite aware of the risks of diet pills, which is why I would never risk taking anything with such things as ephedra. I feel the most important thing is to listen to your own body. If mine tells me this is not ok, I stop immediately, no questions asked.
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    Hi guys! So I have long since debated whether I should try Hydroxycut in addition to my diet and exercise. One of my best friends has been taking Hydroxycut Clinical Max for Women and is seeing great results. As am I, she is exercising every day and has truly overhauled her eating habits. So she's taking Hydroxycut and has lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks! Of course, I know come of this may be water weight but after listening to her talk about the product and also learning about the advice her doctor gave her (take it as a supplement, don't use for more than a month or two, etc) I had to try it. It's supposed be a good way to kick-start weight loss and that is exactly what I need. I try so hard- I AM eating healthy, I AM exercising but weight doesn't come off of me easily. I have hypothyroidism, so my metabolism is slow to begin with. I'm hoping this is going to help! I'll report back in a week to let you all know if it's working. Since I'm taking the formula for women, I can't help out the guys in saying whether it works or not. Sorry!! I'm excited to see what happens though, so here we go!
    Any thoughts you guys have I'd love to hear :)

Your "About Me" says you're in full recovery from anorexia...and you wanna try this insane drug? :noway:
  • sarahkatara
    Options
    Hi guys! So I have long since debated whether I should try Hydroxycut in addition to my diet and exercise. One of my best friends has been taking Hydroxycut Clinical Max for Women and is seeing great results. As am I, she is exercising every day and has truly overhauled her eating habits. So she's taking Hydroxycut and has lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks! Of course, I know come of this may be water weight but after listening to her talk about the product and also learning about the advice her doctor gave her (take it as a supplement, don't use for more than a month or two, etc) I had to try it. It's supposed be a good way to kick-start weight loss and that is exactly what I need. I try so hard- I AM eating healthy, I AM exercising but weight doesn't come off of me easily. I have hypothyroidism, so my metabolism is slow to begin with. I'm hoping this is going to help! I'll report back in a week to let you all know if it's working. Since I'm taking the formula for women, I can't help out the guys in saying whether it works or not. Sorry!! I'm excited to see what happens though, so here we go!
    Any thoughts you guys have I'd love to hear :)

Your "About Me" says you're in full recovery from anorexia...and you wanna try this insane drug? :noway:

I can understand your comment and I actually appreciate you reading and taking the time to respond. I have been in full recovery for several years and the thing about this is that I am not going into this with expectations- just a curiousity and willingness to try. Like I said, I want to see if it can help me jumpstart. I can never go back to my ED. I would lose anything and everything that I cherish and I don't WANT to go back- it's horrible. I will keep a check on my thoughts though and if I find them wandering into that territory, I'll make an appt with my nutritionist and stop taking these!
  • rdpixie
    rdpixie Posts: 96
    Options
    As a personal trainer, I don't think there is anything wrong with taking a fat burner to increase your results however they are never going to replace hard work and clean eating but they do tend to give you an extra edge. I find they are more suitable for those trying to lose vanity pounds (often the final 10) once you are already in a healthy weight range rather than those wishing to lose a lot of weight.

Always research the specific brand you want to use and see if there have been any reported problems with the product.

Research the active ingredients and know what each of them are doing to benefit you.

Like I said they won't replace diet or exercise and should be what they are supposed to be - a supplement

ALWAYS follow the instructions and don't take any more than the recommended dosage.

NEVER take fat burners if you have ANY underlying medical conditions without seeing a medical professional first!
  • sugarandopium
    Options
    There is only 200mg in a serving of hydroxycut.
    That may sound like a lot but it's only about 2 cups of moderate to strong coffee (depending on your coffee strength perception). To contrast something consistent, a cup of black tea is like 40mg.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    This thread is 3 years old