Greetings from Iowa

Options
I just found this site yesterday. My story is that in May of this year I weighed in at 410 lbs. It hurt my back to walk long distances. I got winded walking around the block. I wondered who I got that way. I wasn't a fat kid. In fact I'm a former college athlete. I decided that I needed to make a change. I'm a health care professional so I know scientifically what my future would be if I didn't make a change. At 37 years old I knew I wouldn't make it to 50. I met with my doctor and was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. That lit a fire under my *kitten*. In 5 months I've now lost 105 lbs. Vegetables have become my friend and I have become a gym rat. I won't look back.

Replies

• LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and congratulations on your great success so far. :)
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Welcome and greetings from Nebraska :wink:
  • PotentiallyCrazy
    PotentiallyCrazy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great job! Welcome from Ohio :smile:
  • Kell2912
    Kell2912 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    welcome and congratulations on your weight loss and activity. I'm also new to MFP. I'm 41 a registered nurse (and very aware of the implications of being overweight) im 5"3' and weight 260lb. My first goal is to weight 198lb by May 2015. I'm in Australia. Please feel free to add me. I love working with others as a form of motivation
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I"m not a fan of the gym but i am of vegetables and its so good that you've recognised them as key to losing weight. So many still don't eat enough vegies.

I've found the key to loving vegies is cooking them in interesting ways. If you are into that too, then i'd like to be friends. I love my cooking.
  • goldenweasel
    goldenweasel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hello i'm new here too :) send you a friend req. good luck!
  • MarshallBlaire
    MarshallBlaire Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am from Iowa as well B)
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome and congrats on your weight loss! I would love to be friends...add me if you like.