Rock Bottom

Options
Dmg114
Dmg114 Posts: 47 Member
This time last year I weighed 150lbs on my 5'1'' frame and wanted to lose about 15 lbs. In the past year I have somehow gained 20 lbs and I now weigh 169.2lbs. I promised myself I would never allow myself to get above 160 and here I am nearing the 170 mark. I am officially at rock bottom. I need to lose this weight for my happiness and my health (I have very high cholesterol). Last year..I never succeeded in losing the 15lbs I wanted to and now it seems even less likely that I will lose the 20lbs I recently gained PLUS the initial 15lbs. But I will try my hardest and hopefully with some help and support I will succeed and shed 35lbs. Wish me luck and willpower because I need both! Where I struggle is with food....I am pretty good at sticking with exercise. Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

My workout routine will consist of running 20-30 mins 3-4 days a week.
I don't do as much strengthening as I should so I am going to try and do P90 (its a little less intense than P90X). I may do all 90 days or I may modify it to just do the strengthening days 3 days a week initially and then add the cardio in for P90 in addition to my running as I get in better shape.

Replies

• FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You can do this, the community here is great and you will get a lot of support. If food is your weakness I suggest making small manageable changes. Don't try do a complete overhaul because you are setting yourself up to fail. Start by cutting out things your know you can give up that often make a big difference. Look at things like pop that have huge calories but no nutritional value. Good luck, keep with it.
  • lhatter
    lhatter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi sounds like you are ready to face your hurdle head on and I wish you the best. This is a great place to get the support you need to help you on your way, everyone seems to be really nice and supportive. Please feel free to add me to your friends list and maybe we can help each other.
  • lhatter
    lhatter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sorry I also meant to add in my reply that if food is your biggest struggle then I suggest reading the Eat This Not That books. I love them and they teach you to just swap out certain things and it will save you hundreds of calories. I really do recommend them.
  • Peridotite
    Options
    Don't give up on yourself. I think a lot of people on this site can relate to what you are going through, I know I am one of them! This is the start of my thrid attempt to reach my goal. I keep getting close and then sliding back into my old habits during the hoilday season. But if you stick to it I know it will work and I do really know it because my friend has used this site to lose 50 lbs and she is keeping it off by sticking to her new lifestyle change and by still using the tools available to her with MFP.

All of us here at MFP support you and if you ever need a boost just let us know we can console you or kick your butt, whichever you need:flowerforyou: .
  • Dmg114
    Dmg114 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement!!! I really appreciate it!!