t25 alpha & beta results

Options
Hello,
I am going into week 10 next week of T25 in the Beta Phase. I lost approximately 10lbs during the alpha phase but have not lost anything since then on the beta phase. I have lost inches. Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    During my first and second week of Alpha, i lost inches off my waist and hips. My scale didn't budge in either direction.
  • aphello
    aphello Posts: 43 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    It is because muscle weighs more than fat. As you lose fat, you will also gain muscle. The fact you are losing inches verifies you are on the right track - keep it up!!!!

Many trainers find it is better to track results via inches lost and body fat % rather than the scale. Don't sweat it at all and stay consistent.
  • KTNYC531
    KTNYC531 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am glad to hear that because I was getting a little discouraged. I have to get in the mentally of not focusing on the numbers on the scale but its really hard sometimes. Thanks again! :)
  • priyac1987
    priyac1987 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    aphello wrote: »
    It is because muscle weighs more than fat. As you lose fat, you will also gain muscle. The fact you are losing inches verifies you are on the right track - keep it up!!!!

Many trainers find it is better to track results via inches lost and body fat % rather than the scale. Don't sweat it at all and stay consistent.

Muscle does NOT weight MORE than fat. 1lb is 1lb.. Muscle just takes up less room then fat does, so your right, if you are losing inches then your are definitely on the right track and I personally think measuring yourself is a more accurate way to monitor progress then weighing yourself.

Keep up the good work!
  • razorshot
    Options
    priyac1987 wrote: »
    aphello wrote: »

Muscle does NOT weight MORE than fat. 1lb is 1lb.. Muscle just takes up less room then fat does, so your right, if you are losing inches then your are definitely on the right track and I personally think measuring yourself is a more accurate way to monitor progress then weighing yourself.

Keep up the good work!

You wrote what I was about to say! Muscle is simply denser!
  • lisajuliette
    lisajuliette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Its not necessarily incorrect to say muscle weighs more than fat. If you are referring to the same volume of muscle compared to the same volume of fat then yes, muscle would weigh more.

Anyway, here's an image so you can see what 5lb fat looks like compared to 5lb muscle :)
    http://wildtotalfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/fat-vs-muscle.jpg