pedometer app???

Options
can anyone recommend a good pedometer app that i can use on my iPhone that will sync with MFP? Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• ladonnanorman
    ladonnanorman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love one that I could use with android
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Mapmyrun syncs well for me

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I was using one from the App store. I don't remember the name, but it was pretty good - and free. Oh, it didn't sync with MFP. I tried a couple that did, but they weren't very accurate.
  • courtney123180
    courtney123180 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    mapmyrun can't be used as a pedometer can it, because i now they have mapmywalk and mapmyride as well. i was looking at pacer, its got good reviews.
  • KeysGirl23
    KeysGirl23 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    There's an app called Pedometer that syncs.
  • Pattunia
    Pattunia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper syncs with MFP and is free (and can be used as a pedometer, unlike mapmyrun).
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    Runmeter
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I like endomondo. It's not a pedometer app, but I use it when I'm out an about and it tracks speed and distance, among other things, and links to mfp.
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    I use a FITBIT it is not just an app. But it does sync with a smart phone and the computer. I have a FITBIT ONE. I like it because it will calculate your steps, calories and distance for stairs.
  • nentecular
    nentecular Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Doesn't MFP have it's own built in pedometer function that works with the iPhone (if you've got a 5S or newer)?
  • courtney123180
    Options
    i didn't know map had that built in function. i just found it and activated it. does anyone know how accurate it is?
  • courtney123180
    Options
    run meter looks like a good app, however the pedometer feature is only on the elite version with is $5 a year(which isn't terribly expensive)
  • lfrazier2482
    lfrazier2482 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I use mapmywalk the free version when I walk outdoors. I like that it tells me what my pace is every mile so I can pick it up if I am slowing down. It also tracks elevation changes. If you get bored with a particular route you can have it map out a walk for you based on how far you want to go.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Depending on what iphone you have, the fitbit app can be used with iPhone 5s/newer to track steps and such without having to buy one of their devices.