Great Snack Discovery

Options
I was told to eat more veggies throughout the day and I really don't love whole pieces of brocolli or carrots. I started slicing cucumbers and radishes and decided to sprinkle himalayan pink salt and very little olive oil and white wine vinegar. It is a wonderful snack that is good for you and tasty. I actually started making it for happy hour at home with my husband. I used to snack on cheese and olives but since I started having an issue with sodium I had to cut back on that. This is a great alternative.

Please let me know if you can think of other snack ideas that are good for you. I need more veggies and less processed foods.

Replies

• agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    sliced bell peppers with hummus, snap peas
  • HopeKasrai
    HopeKasrai Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can marinate red bell pepper slices in a little vinegar and whatever herbs or spices you like. They keep their crunch and absorb the flavor really well. One of my favorites! I'm sure this would work well with other veggies too. In fact, I marinate cucumbers in vinegar, dill, peppercorns on a regular basis. Very tasty. I think the vinegary tang helps me not snack on chips or crackers, etc.

The cucumber/radish snack sounds delicious too!
  • kimmid70
    kimmid70 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I buy salsa from Trader Joe's (it's more like a pico de gallo) or make my own and eat that w/ celery, radishes, cucumber, cauliflower, etc. You can add a little kick to it. Yum!