Help please! Thai food dilemma.

Options
I really want to eat good this week (had a bad weekend with lots food). My mother in-law is coming over today with Thai from her favorite place. Normally I would ask for pad Thai. BUT I know pad Thai is soooo high in calories and would ruin my goal for the day (Not worth it). I really wanna to keep on track and not have to run 9 miles to burn it off :p . Does anyone have a trick when ordering Thai and still able to keep within your low calorie regiment?

Replies

• Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I would give up my firstborn for some decent panang curry, so I'm afraid I can't help you.
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thom ka soup and chicken larb are two tasty, healthy options.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If you like curries, I'll often order a curry, then pull aside 1/4-1/2 c. of the steamed rice (if they served a mountain of it) and pick the veggies and meat/tofu out of the curry sauce, put it on the rice and eat that, leaving most of the sauce behind. You get all the flavor of the curry, yet leave a lot of calories behind in the bowl.

Otherwise, the best strategy is to order what you want, ask for a to-go box and immediately put the excess food in the box to take home. Then eat what's left on your plate. You get what you want to eat, don't overeat, AND have at least one other meal waiting for you.