NSV It means a lot to me..

Options
After several failed attempts at sticking to an exercise regimen the light has finally clicked on for me. I was super tired after just having an emotionally draining day and working through my inner issues.I really didn't feel like working out. However, I got off my *kitten* at 10 pm and did it anyway. I was grumbling all the way to the exercise bike but I sucked it up and did what I had to do. This is so big for me because I am so used to walking away when it gets hard. I am used to falling back into self defeating patterns. I am FINALLY taking control on my health and pushing myself. I am finally learning to take it one day and one workout at a time. I am VERY proud of myself. I can't believe it has taken me this long to get here but I am SO glad I have finally arrived

Replies

• MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am proud of you, too!!! :D
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yayy! Good job! :flowerforyou:
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    Nice, WTG!!! I have found that when I am overwhelmed with emotions, upset, angry, sad-a workout really helps. Now, a year ago, I'd say ice cream helped. LOL!! But now, I can honestly say it feels good to let off steam on the treadmill or elliptical or running outside, etc.... You are awesome and sound like you are really determined. Thanks for sharing, very inspiring :)
  • MrsDowns22
    Options
    Awww thank you guys! I <3 MFP. There are so many amazing people here with beautiful spirits!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I completely understand where you're coming from, so I know how hard it can be to take the initiative and just go and do something. Well done for not giving in! Keep it up, and I bet it will soon become second nature to you!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Well done! I had a similar realisation the other day. My new motto is, "I'm not going to get any less tired sitting on this sofa!"
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    There ya go! one day at a time, you can do it!
  • MissMe2morrow
    Options
    Wow, great job!!!! It can be so difficult to motivate yourself to begin with, but to do it when you're tired takes a ton of determination. Congratulations on your NSV, and on taking control of your health! :drinker:
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I hear ya - sometimes it takes all you have just to do it. But like your quote says, if you don't plow, there's no harvest!

I'm proud of you too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!