Losing baby weight... struggling and feeling really low :(

Options
Hi everyone, I just had a baby.. well i had a baby 11 weeks ago. I'm only 7-9lbs(depending on what day it is) from my pre-pregnancy weight but could really stand to lose another 20-25lbs after that. I have been trying to eat as healthy as I can but it is SO hard. Also, exercising... what is that? Between working 6-330 and coming home and finally seeing my baby for the first time all day and eating, getting her ready for bed.. I am ready for bed myself. I know it sounds like such excuses but there is not enough energy in my day for exercising!! I feel terrible about myself and am always staring at my gut in the mirror :neutral_face: Ugh. Someone tell me i'm not the only one.

Replies

• Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You don't absolutely need to exercise to lose weight. Therefore, if you cannot workout for the time being, don't worry about it. Take it off your mind - along with the "guilt feeling" and pressure to do your exercises at all costs.

Focus on eating better (less processed food as possible) and in smaller quantities.

Baby steps.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You didn't have your baby all that long ago. Don't put so much pressure on yourself to workout, or lose the weight right away. Do what you can with eating healthy, and just exercise when you can, or when you aren't too tired.
  • RosaileenB
    RosaileenB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    No - I remember being tired after my daughter was born but baby steps. You just had your baby so enjoy that time. I loved going for walks with my daughter and making faces at her when she was smaller. Get a fitbit or some kind of pedometer and track your steps during the day at work and be more conscious of what you eat.. Losing weight takes a lot of patience.
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Focus on your food, they say that diet is 80% and exercise is 20%. Make sure the healthy eating is firmly embedded in your mind and then you can work on exercise as your baby gets older. All moms have been where you are!!! Just stay positive
  • mnricha927
    mnricha927 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You just pushed a whole tiny human out less than three months ago. Working and being a momma is hard work!! It's not an excuse that you are tired after working and taking care of your newborn; it's a fact. You'll get back to your old self sooner than you think, but enjoy the time you have with your baby.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Don't stress yourself. Give it a good 9 months to a year. You're hormones are crazy, you probably aren't sleeping well, you're working and taking care of a baby. Cut yourself some slack. Do what you can. Don't beat yourself up over what you can't and avoid the mirror for a while.

And of course you aren't the only one. The post-baby period is hard for many many reasons, the squishy body just one of them.
  • stringbeann
    Options
    are you brestfeeding? sometimes that can hault around 10 lbs of weight loss as it holds on to fat to ensure you have reserves for milk production! i had my guy 13 weeks ago and i find that we need to stop stresing about the weightloss and drink lots of water and eat as healthy as ppossible and just enjoy our babies! They are only this age for a small period of time and we shouldnt worry about that time being concerned about 7-9 lbs!
  • JSlater319
    JSlater319 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone... I had a csection so my midsection is still swollen and sore some days. That pudge there i feel is NEVER going to go away and it feels really weird. I'm not breastfeeding which had me thinking that is why i was not losing the weight but apparently not. Ugh it is really frustrating and it doesnt make it any easier that i work with like 3 other women who came back from maternity looking all super skinny in their size 2 pants and time to exercise. I appreciate all of the support. Being a new mom is hard. Scratch that, being a mom - period, is hard.