Diary/eating question, please help!

Options
2 Questions about my eating and so forth. First, here's the link to my diary, it's open and it's complete during weekdays.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/ravenlunatic76

First question

Let's take today for example. I am allotted 1,960 calories for the day. I will have eaten 1,055 calories and that includes two snacks, breakfast, and lunch. What I haven't entered is the exercise I will do. I normally run a 5K (before lunch) and that burns on average 550 calories.

So that's going to put me at around 500 calories net, with another 1,500 to go for dinner. Now, I am not one to eat the calories burned so in my mind that's 1,000 calories to go.

The question being should I try to spread this around more? Reason I don't is because if I have a huge breakfast and/or snacks before my run I feel sluggish and cannot run as well.

I would welcome any and all advice from all viewpoints, thanks in advance!

Replies

• chuckster26
    Options
    i try to get as many little meals as i can. this way, you feel full all the time and not just after one
    big meal. helps with junk food cravings late at night.
  • jamiek89
    jamiek89 Posts: 105
    Options
    Personal preference I reckon. Alot of people would recommend that you spread the cals throughout the day to regulate your blood sugar levels but I wouldnt try & force in a feed before your run, expecially if it makes you a bit queezy.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Do what makes you feel best.

You say you feel sluggish if you eat a lot in the morning and before you run, so eat more at dinner.

I have the majority of my calories at dinner, and I think this is fine, as long as you don't eat within 2-3 hours of going to bed
  • scmusicbiz
    scmusicbiz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Raven

Your meals look good, and I don't see a problem. If you have enough energy to run 5K on what you have for breakfast, leave it alone.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    I personally seem to do better weight loss-wise if I dont eat after 7ish
  • ravenlunatic76
    ravenlunatic76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks to who have replied thus far. I'm not hungry, barely ever. But I know there's some type of science involved getting somewhat near your daily calorie goal. Certainly not trying to eat a 1,000 calorie dinner on purpose. Well....maybe once a month :)
  • monky13grl
    monky13grl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree that you have to do what is best for you. A friend of mine does ironmans and has always told me the key to training is carbs before, protein after. Now, I realize he is training a lot harder so I don't eat a box of pasta before working out, but I think of my day as training. I start with anything high in carbs (grains, fruits, etc.) and end my day with proteins and vegetables (or try to). I don't know if it makes a difference yet, but I'll let you know. :) Good luck!