14 NSV!

Options
chuisle
chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
For the last 9 weeks my employer has been doing a "get fit" program where we check in with a personal trainer each week, log our cals and exercise, etc. It worked out well since I started MFP about 13 weeks ago. I knew I had been losing some weight and fat from my scale, handheld monitor, the way my clothes fit, but hadn't been measuring inches...

Neck: 13.5 to 13 wth loss of 0.5
Arm: 12 to 11 with loss of 1
Chest: 38 to 35 with loss of 3
Waist: 32 to 28.5 with loss of 3.5
Hips: 39 to 36 with loss of 3
Thighs: 23 to 20 with loss of 3

14 inches across my body.

That's almost 9% of my body size...

Replies

• ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's some measurable progress alright (pun intended)! :)
  • scmusicbiz
    scmusicbiz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress. I feel a little out-of-the-loop; what does NSV stand for?
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress. I feel a little out-of-the-loop; what does NSV stand for?
    Non-scale victory
  • almondbliss
    almondbliss Posts: 115
    Options
    Non-scale victory
    Lol....I have BEEN wondering the same thing....was waiting for someone else to ask...thanks.
  • scmusicbiz
    scmusicbiz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I THINK I understand what that means: your weight stays the same, but you make progress in inches, clothing size, etc. Thanks for enlightening me, and congrats again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!