Looking for weight loss buddies and some motivation!

Options
Hi guys,

I'll be starting a diet tomorrow and am looking for some buddies to motivate me. I know exactly what I need to do to lose the extra 30 pounds, but I get no encouragement or whatsoever in my entourage. Worst yet: I've coached people before for their weight loss (a lot of people actually!), but I'm just rubbish at coaching myself... Anyone out there willing to take the plunge? :-)

Replies

• 0utfit
    0utfit Posts: 11
    Options
    pick me, pick me hahaha. I'm starting again tomorrow and I'm willing to wale this walk with you
  • CMorin2105
    CMorin2105 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just came back to MFP!! I'll help motivate! Add me!
  • alliegator89
    alliegator89 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm working on losing 30 pounds too. I'll be your buddy.
  • Pookiebear67
    Options
    Hi I'm also just back from being down for awhile working on losing 30 pounds...feel free to add me..:)
  • JFsNewLife
    JFsNewLife Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I also could use the encouragement. I am getting started, and I have a long way to go.
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. Hoping to lose 20 lbs in total. Have 5.5 lost so far on here. Finding it great so far.
  • johanneleger
    johanneleger Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I just came back 2 weeks ago and love the motivation aspect of MFP. Looking forward to losing with you :)
  • cinwalkbag
    Options
    Lots of great people willing to offer encouragement here! I'm here, too, if you need me. Need to lose that last 10 pounds (feels impossible)! Good luck to all of us! :D
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I could do with s afew more buddies
  • linandmin
    linandmin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have just started the 2:5 diet. Day one has been fine. I'd love to have more friends and share some encouragement so please feel free to add me x
  • moraiwebird
    moraiwebird Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have a 195 day streak going in and I'm 85% of the way to where I think I want to be. I'm always up for more friends.
  • ajalcazar84
    ajalcazar84 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Feel free to add me :) We can motivate each other. Same goes for anyone else who reads this.
  • scole1008
    scole1008 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have about that much to lose as well, would love some more friends to encourage each other!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for friends. More friends more motivation. Feel free to add me :)
  • shattrdillusion
    Options
    add me if you like! I've got about 40 left to lose but I'm logging every day and I'm happy to help :)
  • missrvromans
    missrvromans Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hello everyone! i lost 65lbs earlier this year.. took a bit of a break but i am back, and wanting to do this more than ever! Anyone feel free to add for a friend :)
  • fitmomforu
    fitmomforu Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Add away everyone! I'm in it for the long hall!
  • ky2971
    ky2971 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just signed up yesterday and am really encouraged by all the positives I seen so far. Everyone is soooo encouraging. I live in a rural area so gyms are not plentiful. I have lost and gained more times than I can count. Was feeling incredibly frustrated at this vicious cycle so took the plung into yet another round my joining MFP. For the first time in ages I am excited to log in and see the posts and the progress tracker is awesome. I have lots of fit friends that are encouraging but they have always been fit so they really dont understand my stuggles even though are great. They don't understand how it was monumental to be able to cross my legs comfortably, wear a nice outfit while being poured in Spanx, etc. I have a real problem with accountablity and live alone as my kids are grown. I work full time in an office so sit 8-10 hours a day. When I get home its just me and no one there to gives me a look if i reach for a handle of cookies or that 3 slice of pizza I picked up in town after work because it was easier and I was tired and didnt feel like cooking.

I would love to make many new friend on MFP and share in everyones joys and struggles. Please feel free to add me.

:D
  • kari_brianna
    kari_brianna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey Add me, I still have 43 lbs to loose but I would love to help motivate you
  • cristapp
    Options
    I am also interested in finding connections on mfp for mutual motivation! I have 20-30 lb to lose. Lost a bunch earlier this year, and then stalled. Desperately trying to find my groove again and get back on track. Anyone in the group, please feel free to add me. Good luck to all involved. We CAN do this! "It's only over when you stop trying." Don't stop trying.