craving fried foods

Options
vericacnae
vericacnae Posts: 11
edited October 2014 in Motivation and Support
Everyone in my class has either newks, raisin canes, or subway. So now I'm craving Popeye's and class isn't over until 145. I have roast and spaghetti at home but also frozen chicken fingers how do I get over this deadly craving Lol. Without feeling deprived. Insanity day 2 BTW.

Replies

• jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    eat it just don't go crazy. Never try to eliminate foods you enjoy.

29509743.png
  • vericacnae
    Options
    jrline wrote: »
    eat it just don't go crazy. Never try to eliminate foods you enjoy.

29509743.png
    Isn't it defeating the point to have the fried foods and doing insanity?
  • vericacnae
    Options
    My will power is *kitten*
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Can you just get a small popcorn chicken or a small order of fries, eat 1/2 (or the whole thing, depending on your calorie goal) and satisfy the craving? Sorry. I know lots of people struggle with cravings, so I know it's hard. For me (not saying you should do this) eliminating a lot of foods also eliminated all cravings. Stick with your program and give your body time to adjust.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Step 1) Eat fried food.
    Step 2) Log fried food.
    Step 3) Go over calorie goal or do some exercise.
    Step 4) ????
    Step 5) Profit!
  • vericacnae
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Can you just get a small popcorn chicken or a small order of fries, eat 1/2 (or the whole thing, depending on your calorie goal) and satisfy the craving? Sorry. I know lots of people struggle with cravings, so I know it's hard. For me (not saying you should do this) eliminating a lot of foods also eliminated all cravings. Stick with your program and give your body time to adjust.
    I'm guessing I can bake the frozen chicken tenders and buy some yellow rice. But do I eat that before insanity or after?
  • vericacnae
    Options
    I've only eaten m&Ms and grapes today. I ate the m&Ms because I can't take test without them. My own weird thing.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You don't have to follow the Insanity meal plan. You can eat at a caloric deficit and enjoy whatever food you'd like, including Popeye's. Just don't go overboard. Also, it doesn't "defeat the point" because you are working out for reasons other than creating a calorie deficit - you're training your cardio endurance and getting into healthy exercise habits.

I'd say eat it after your workout just because working out with a belly full of fried chicken sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, and post-workout you'd have a calorie amount you can give yourself for indulgences.
  • vericacnae
    Options
    crepes_ wrote: »
    You don't have to follow the Insanity meal plan. You can eat at a caloric deficit and enjoy whatever food you'd like, including Popeye's. Just don't go overboard. Also, it doesn't "defeat the point" because you are working out for reasons other than creating a calorie deficit - you're training your cardio endurance and getting into healthy exercise habits.

I'd say eat it after your workout just because working out with a belly full of fried chicken sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, and post-workout you'd have a calorie amount you can give yourself for indulgences.

I decided on baking chicken tenders and yellow rice since I haven't eaten anything really today and doing my insanity by 430-500