Giving up the scale?!?!?

MrsZMartin
MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
This is my first time starting a post....I looked to see if it was already a thread and didn't find one that aligned with my issue directly. I'll warn you, I tend to ramble; SORRY!

Background info: I have been counting for 5 years (started when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism). Since then, I've switched from hypo to hyper, and then to normal thyroid, and now, I just can't afford to get it tested as long as I feel ok...

Anyways....I'm 10 lbs heavier than I was this summer, and dread getting on the scale. It makes me literally sick to my stomach and messes with my sleep. HOWEVER, I am actually happy with the way I look. My muscle definition is roughly the same as when I was lighter, my clothes are a bit tighter, but not uncomfortable. When I look in the mirror, I'm happy. When I look on the scale, I'm not.

I eat more than most people here (I average 1700 cals/day), but I workout a lot. I don't want to lower my cals, b/c that makes me grouchy.

I guess I'm just looking for validation. Does anyone else just not use the scale? Thoughts?

Replies

• jenni3001
    jenni3001 Posts: 33 Member
    I haven't tried it but I've been thinking about it. When I do use the scale, I use it everyday, which is not good. I think I'm going to stop and continue counting calories but focus on how I feel and how I look. I say if you're happy how you are, then that's all that matters. Who cares what the scale says.
  • Laurab_1986
    Laurab_1986 Posts: 32 Member
    Hey Hun, Join my Friday W/I thread - we can do it together. Don't give up the scale just do it once a week till you hit target xxx
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    I've been trying the once a week thing (after weighing every day for a LONG time). I have been weighing on Wednesdays, so it was right in the middle....but it just hasn't been good lately.

Thanks for the insight. Jenni, I think I may take your advice. At least for a month. Maybe I'll make May a no scale month, and see where I am at the beginning of June.... Wanna do the same, and we can check in with each other?
This discussion has been closed.