66lbs gone but I'm off track...getting back on (pics)

Options
BadassCrossfitMama
BadassCrossfitMama Posts: 110 Member
edited October 2014 in Success Stories
10672405_1562698073958878_3122314395132522712_n.jpg
So last night I caught myself complaining to my boyfriend that I felt as though I still looked the same as I did at 275lbs. {in the pic} (Now I will admit, I do have on control top pantyhose and I do have on a tummy control garter to hold up my stockings -- plus as a photographer you learn angles that flatter you lol no lying on here all truth) but still even with those at 275lb I wouldn't look halfway like this. My stomach is my problem area and unfortunately you cannot target where you lose from. It really does take looking at where you were to see how far you've come. Especially when you (I) still have a poor self image outlook. I'm barely in a size 16 now but a year ago I couldn't fit into a size 22 in jeans let alone any dresses. I still have days when I look at myself in the mirror and I still see that old person. No it's not everyday, I try to be as positive and confident as I can but you know what I mean, everyone has those blah days! I may have just been diagnosed with HBP recently but you know what, my charts go back 9 years showing that I've suffered with it for a long time. Can you imagine if its this high now (200/110 without my meds) where it was when I was pushing 300lbs!!
alltheway_zps7cfad7ae.jpg
I'm currently 209.8 and my goal is 175 so I still have a little ways to go. I've been going through a divorce and bankruptcy for the past 6 months or so and that's all finally about to be over with. So now is time to stop being stagnant and get back into my routine now that I'm starting my new life.
20142014_zpsaeb1fae6.jpg
The moral of all this is for all of you who are trying to better yourselves, never forget where you started and how far you've came. Because from time to time you're going to feel like you haven't moved an inch but when you look back you've gone miles!
10527873_1534901266738559_2039169871938122284_n_zpsc3a5f1fc.jpg
Never give up - never stop believing - never stop dreaming - keep pushing yourself!! One small step at a time!!!
0134bdce-ba7b-43cd-bdf6-2592cf94bb37_zps3c451407.jpgfeel free to add me as friend.

Replies

• Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Great read, you look amazing! Sadly I hate the fact that it is true, once we were at our "fat person" stage that even when we lose weight we feel like we still look the same even though we don't. But we keep pushing on, doing it for ourselves and our health :)
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look great. All that hard paid off. Congrats
  • keladry89
    keladry89 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I was 273 last summer and I weigh 196 right now, and what I wanted to say is that I JUST had a discussion with my boyfriend like two weeks about how I couldn't see the difference and he was like, baby, just wait, it will happen. And he was right! This weekend I went clothes shopping with my sister and I still didn't really see it, but was surprised about what fit me in the store, and then I ran a 5K Saturday and wore the same running outfit I had worn 2 years ago (I weighed about 255 then) and it was like instant, I was smaller, I saw a smaller person. I was like who is this in the mirror, can that really be ME? It felt like I had lost 50 pounds at once. I just want to encourage you that everyone else CAN see the difference and that you will too. It will happen when it happens though, I was expecting that it would happen before now, but it didn't and that is okay. Just be patient and you'll join us in seeing how hot you are ;]
  • Rosie5151
    Rosie5151 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You look so beautiful! Congrats on all the success you've accomplished. You hit so many things in your post I feel and I'm sure so many feel while hitting that awful number of over 250lbs.. I started at 300 lbs last August and I've only hit my 75 lb mark. I can not see it for the life of me. I know there are differences but the image in my head is still the same as the one at 300 lbs... how to over come that? I have no clue! I love your after clothes.. so confident! Such a short distance to your goal, you got this! :smiley:
  • helencornes1
    Options
    You look so different, you are a truly inspiring person with a motivational story. thank you for sharing your pictures they really show how far you have come along your journey. Sharing pictures is a very brave thing to do. :-)
  • Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Natasha_Fit_Fab Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I soo needed that today...thanks for sharing...and great job!!
  • BadassCrossfitMama
    BadassCrossfitMama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Incredible work! You look so beautiful and I admire your courage to share your story. Wishing you much continued success.
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You are fabulous and beautiful! Keep up the good work!!!
  • Juicer82
    Juicer82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!! You look great!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Yeah sometimes we have to reflect thru pictures on the hard work we've done so far...You got this...Keep going!
  • jonesy2932
    jonesy2932 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    can I friend you?
  • LookAWalrus
    LookAWalrus Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Absolutely stunning! Your progress is amazing.
  • cahf
    cahf Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    You rock girl! Look what amazing progress you've made even though you've been dealing with some personal issues. You look amazing and you should be so incredibly proud of yourself for even coming as far as you have already! :#
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!